Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Can't seem to open it at the moment, but the AFL site before Saturday's game was showing Heeney and Naismith out for season, Ronke long-term (9 weeks?), Kennedy and Buddy 4-6 weeks, Brand was 1-2 weeks, though it had Hewitt, O'Riordan and Hayward as being a week away from memory. Is Hewitt definitely out long term? Pretty sure Ronke has a back injury. Those two aren't being confused?
    Given that Hewitt’s situation was straight from the Horse’s mouth in his post match presser at the time I’d say not confused

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Can't seem to open it at the moment, but the AFL site before Saturday's game was showing Heeney and Naismith out for season, Ronke long-term (9 weeks?), Kennedy and Buddy 4-6 weeks, Brand was 1-2 weeks, though it had Hewitt, O'Riordan and Hayward as being a week away from memory. Is Hewitt definitely out long term? Pretty sure Ronke has a back injury. The two aren't being confused?
    I think Hewett was listed as test or TBA until he had surgery. Now 6-8 weeks

Senior Player
    Thanks. Fair enough. Sad news, but I guess we're used to that in 2020.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Having JPK and Hewett out actually gives us a lot more speed through the midfield. Hewett is also a defensive minded player so it's refreshing to see more of an attacking player like Rowbottom step in his shoes.

If Hayward is fit, I would bring him in for Gray.

If Rampe doesn't get up and COR is fit that would be a straight swap. Aliir (play on King or Ryder) and Fox (play on Membrey) can be our tall defenders and Reid pinch hits in the ruck.

Given where we sit and the nature of this season, it would be insanity to play Ramps. I presume the surgery will involve some K Wires at least, if not screws +/- plate. With the St Kilda game this weekend, it will be less than a week post surgery. Give him as much time as needed to recover - this weekend's game (and the rest of the season) are not worth a long term injury.

Hewett had a discectomy. With only 9 games left to the season, we are not likely to see him again. I think JPK is unlikely as well; why would you push him to play the last couple of games in this season?

I wouldn't push Rampe to come back from hand surgery, even though Tom Lynch played after having a plate put in his broken hand a couple of weeks back. It's nice to win, but we're not in the premiership race. On the other hand, his leadership would be sorely missed and he's better than any replacement, even with one hand tied behind his back.

With the Rampe injury, it might be a good time to try a taller backline, which would mean Melican and either Maibaum or Gould. If Rampe is out, the backline leadership falls on Lloyd and Aliir. There will be a temptation to bring Mills back to defence, but I prefer he stays in the midfield. Aliir looked comfortable being the backline leader in the NEAFL. It would be a good part of his development as well.

If COR is fit, I would try him out playing the wing, in place of Gray or Clarke. He might even be used as a tagger.

It's going to be a really tough game against the Saints. Hard to see us winning, but it's a strange year. The main thing is to put in a solid effort and push them to the limit.

PS: I think I saw a question about the elevated rookies. Only Cat B rookies need to elevated to play senior footy. Both of ours have now been elevated.

Just heard from a very reliable source that Rampe will be out for the season following significant surgery on his hand.

This season just goes from bad to worse.

Every week we lose our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Just heard from a very reliable source that Rampe will be out for the season following significant surgery on his hand.

Imagine if it was a normal season. The Neafl team would be mostly academy boys by now. Would've got a good look at Gulden and Campbell.

Wow that's devastating. Rampe was in such great form and surely a chance at AA.

As we aren't in contention I am not despondent with the injuries to our best players, it gives the club the opportunity to give games to the younger ones especially as there is no NEAFL competition. This season is totally crazy so let's look forward to 2021. New kids, new style of daring play I for one am excited. I also would like to see the club persevere with Mills in the center, bring in from Melican, Gould, Miabaum or Corr for Rampe.

Clarkes disposal might be poor and decison making not the greatest but he is a bigger body and knows how to get his hands on the ball. No one who would come in would get more touches

Id get him to tag Jones and let Stephens run with Hill

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Clarkes disposal might be poor and decison making not the greatest but he is a bigger body and knows how to get his hands on the ball. No one who would come in would get more touches

Id get him to tag Jones and let Stephens run with Hill
    Clarke tagging Jones would be an interesting test, as Zak has great acceleration out of congestion. If he could do it successfully, I just might change my mind on Clarke.

Losing Zak Jones was a big loss, but there is an upside in that we used the pick we got (32) for Elijah Taylor. So maybe the big picture doesn't look so bad.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast