Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v St Kilda

It seems that Hayward, Melican, and Amartey will all be available this week. Of those I think Hayward will probably come in. Melican may be considered if Rampe can't play. I'm really torn about Rampe - he is irreplaceable but I don't want to do anything to jeopardise his recovery. While I would love us to win, and failing that to compete hard, this game is not the most important thing in the world and having Rampe available in the medium term is much more important.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It seems that Hayward, Melican, and Amartey will all be available this week. Of those I think Hayward will probably come in. Melican may be considered if Rampe can't play. I'm really torn about Rampe - he is irreplaceable but I don't want to do anything to jeopardise his recovery. While I would love us to win, and failing that to compete hard, this game is not the most important thing in the world and having Rampe available in the medium term is much more important.
    100% agree re Rampe.

I'm inclined to hope that they tell him to sit this game out. Maybe our medical folk can express an opinion, but as a layman, I'd be much happier thinking he was being given some time to recuperate.

Whats the deal with Hewett, read here it was all but season over then read AFL he is a chance this week ?

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Whats the deal with Hewett, read here it was all but season over then read AFL he is a chance this week ?
    Where are you reading that, waswan? What I'm seeing the-full-afl-injury-list-round-nine says 6-8 weeks for Hewett. It's Rampe who, apparently, is a chance against all previous expectation.

Regular in the Side
    According to Injury blow for Hewett "Hewett has a bulging disc in his back which will see him out of action for 6-8 weeks." Before they decided to have an operation, it was mentioned as " TEST". I thought because Gardinar's Injury update has not mentioned Hewett, the AFL site has not revised the information on their site accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    According to Injury blow for Hewett "Hewett has a bulging disc in his back which will see him out of action for 6-8 weeks." Before they decided to have an operation, it was mentioned as " TEST". I thought because Gardinar's Injury update has not mentioned Hewett, the AFL site has not revised the information on their site accordingly.
    With a dozen players on the injury list it's a massive job Charlie Gardiner has each week to keep it up to date. We should go easy on him. He's new at the job and he is only a lawyer. We shouldn't expect too much.

An important requirement from this week's game v the Saints is that Mills continues to be allowed to play in the midfield. If Rampe is unable to play, which seems quite a high probability, then I don't want Mills being moved back to provide leadership. Let Aliir lead and bring in the Manchild.

BTW there was a discussion on the AFL website (The Data Game) of how Zak Jones is flourishing as a centre-bounce attending midfielder rather than wingman. He's averaging 6.5 clearances a game!

Senior Player
    I don't really have a view on ins and outs, given it depends on Rampe's fitness and we don't have a scratch match form guide.

I just really want to win this week. I feel like the vast majority of the media coverage the game has focussed on the Clarkson comments and the Hawks' demise and very little on the Swans' achievement of toughing it out. It seriously @@@@s me that every conversation about Papley is attached to speculation about whether Carlton can prise him away. It also @@@@s me that every commentary unit needs to mention Rampe climbing a goal post at least once a game. He's earned more respect. I think we're regarded as an easybeat team and the team itself is not given enough respect

St Kilda have been lauded after 5 wins from 8. We've beaten them consistently recently and offloaded two of our players to them. I know we're rebuilding, but I don't want to lose to St Kilda.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    An important requirement from this week's game v the Saints is that Mills continues to be allowed to play in the midfield. If Rampe is unable to play, which seems quite a high probability, then I don't want Mills being moved back to provide leadership. Let Aliir lead and bring in the Manchild.

BTW there was a discussion on the AFL website (The Data Game) of how Zak Jones is flourishing as a centre-bounce attending midfielder rather than wingman. He's averaging 6.5 clearances a game!
    I watched us play Carlton at Marvel early last year and Jones was the only player who looked like either getting a clean clearance and stopping Carlton getting a clearance. It was all to do with his acceleration. He has faults but he is a very good player.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I watched us play Carlton at Marvel early last year and Jones was the only player who looked like either getting a clean clearance and stopping Carlton getting a clearance. It was all to do with his acceleration. He has faults but he is a very good player.
    And he is hard at it. Got me why he wasn't used in the centre bounces more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    And he is hard at it. Got me why he wasn't used in the centre bounces more often.
    That was my thinking. Given our trouble winning clearances and lacking leg speed why didn’t the Swans play him on ball?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I don't really have a view on ins and outs, given it depends on Rampe's fitness and we don't have a scratch match form guide.

I just really want to win this week. I feel like the vast majority of the media coverage the game has focussed on the Clarkson comments and the Hawks' demise and very little on the Swans' achievement of toughing it out. It seriously @@@@s me that every conversation about Papley is attached to speculation about whether Carlton can prise him away. It also @@@@s me that every commentary unit needs to mention Rampe climbing a goal post at least once a game. He's earned more respect. I think we're regarded as an easybeat team and the team itself is not given enough respect

St Kilda have been lauded after 5 wins from 8. We've beaten them consistently recently and offloaded two of our players to them. I know we're rebuilding, but I don't want to lose to St Kilda.
    To be fair They’ve thrown two of those away though ( Roos & Dockers). They’ve touched up the Dogs, Tiges and now the ladder leaders Port on their home deck ( with at least some of their feral supporters there too ).

They’re looking pretty good. Our only hope is another mental meltdown I feel ( see Roos & Dockers games ).

Especially if Rampe is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast