Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    That's my theory about how to deal with the ruck dilemma. If you can't get a Max Gawn of a NicNat, then get a few good tall utilities to share the load. Then you don't fall apart if one goes down with injury. I figure we have Sinclair, Reid, Amartey, McLean (maybe) and Aliir. Chol or someone similar would give us a solid group of players who could play a key position and ruck part time. I believe we can develop a successful game plan around this kind of stoppage group.
    Hello, hello, hello. You have gone from no good to a maybe with McLean!

Powerful performance by the Tigers. A wealth of talented players.

Video up on the AFL discussing the swans and giants scramble to get out of Sydney. Harley was discussing Buddy heading North with the team. He Stopped himself from actually saying it, but almost said Buddy could be back in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Hello, hello, hello. You have gone from no good to a maybe with McLean!
    Both McLean and Amartey are out contract this year. My feeling is that we will keep 1, but not both. McLean has been okay, but not overly convincing and Amartey hasn't played a game. So it's still unclear how things will end up with these 2. I hope we get to see Amartey get a senior game soon, so we can make a comparison.

The Demons tonight are making the case, that teams do suffer from having only a four day break. They kicked 1-3 in the first half, in perfect conditions. And 1-3 possibly flattered them.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    The Demons tonight are making the case, that teams do suffer from having only a four day break. They kicked 1-3 in the first half, in perfect conditions. And 1-3 possibly flattered them.
    They’ve been awful. Port only playing ok but Melbourne applying almost zero pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    They’ve been awful. Port only playing ok but Melbourne applying almost zero pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And their turnovers throughout the first half were woeful.

Melbourne won the hitouts 44-13 and still got crushed. Their skill level is so poor. It looks like Melbourne has a failed rebuild. With all the hype about getting Paul Roos and some pretty good draft picks (Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw), and high profile recruits like May and Lever, they are still as bad as ever. Hard to analyze what's gone wrong.

I hope that our drafting of supposedly highly skilled players pays off in due course.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Melbourne won the hitouts 44-13 and still got crushed. Their skill level is so poor. It looks like Melbourne has a failed rebuild. With all the hype about getting Paul Roos and some pretty good draft picks (Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw), and high profile recruits like May and Lever, they are still as bad as ever. Hard to analyze what's gone wrong.

I hope that our drafting of supposedly highly skilled players pays off in due course.
    I'd start with the coach. Goodwin is acutely underwhelming.

I agree Melbourne were awful. But their circumstances for tonight’s match didnt help: they’ve been on road for four weeks with no prospect of getting home; four-day turnaround for this match: some of the players might be worrying about family in Melbourne (eg elderly grandparents).

I wouldn’t damn them for being physically and mentally not-up-to-scratch tonight.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree Melbourne were awful. But their circumstances for tonight’s match didnt help: they’ve been on road for four weeks with no prospect of getting home; four-day turnaround for this match: some of the players might be worrying about family in Melbourne (eg elderly grandparents).

I wouldn’t damn them for being physically and mentally not-up-to-scratch tonight.
    I stopped watching after half time. Melbourne were really struggling. I think a four day gap may be not enough recovery time in footy.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I stopped watching after half time. Melbourne were really struggling. I think a four day gap may be not enough recovery time in footy.
    I agree, 4 days not enough for the physical demands of today’s AFL game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'd start with the coach. Goodwin is acutely underwhelming.
    Agree. Emotionless and uninspiring. Always has that dead pan, I don't what to do now, look on his face. Mark Neild, Mark2.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast