Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Melbourne won the hitouts 44-13 and still got crushed. Their skill level is so poor. It looks like Melbourne has a failed rebuild. With all the hype about getting Paul Roos and some pretty good draft picks (Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw), and high profile recruits like May and Lever, they are still as bad as ever. Hard to analyze what's gone wrong.

I hope that our drafting of supposedly highly skilled players pays off in due course.
    Lever has not fired a shot wearing Melbourne colours

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree. Emotionless and uninspiring. Always has that dead pan, I don't what to do now, look on his face. Mark Neild, Mark2.
    I think he is channeling Clarko at the moment. Where am I? What is going on out there? Who are these people wearing shorts in the cold
    weather chasing a red ball? I want to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think he is channeling Clarko at the moment. Where am I? What is going on out there? Who are these people wearing shorts in the cold
    weather chasing a red ball? I want to go home.
    I might be feeling a bit like that, Saturday night at the Gabba. Either that or celebrating a surprise victory.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I might be feeling a bit like that, Saturday night at the Gabba. Either that or celebrating a surprise victory.
    Yes, St Kilda, they looked pretty ominous during the last quarter against Port (who are good) last week. But maybe they've
    peaked. You do get to maybe go to a couple games in the next week though. I feel I may have seen my last game already this season.
    I'm blaming.... well... someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Lever has not fired a shot wearing Melbourne colours
    Lever is a gun. He did fire a shot, but unfortunately for him, it hit him in his ACL. Guns are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, St Kilda, they looked pretty ominous during the last quarter against Port (who are good) last week. But maybe they've
    peaked. You do get to maybe go to a couple games in the next week though. I feel I may have seen my last game already this season.
    I'm blaming.... well... someone.
    I think my optimism levels will depend on the team announcement tonight. If Rampe is picked, if Mills is in the middle and perhaps Hayward comes in for Gray, then I'd be quietly confident of witnessing an upset. No Rampe: a lot less so.

You know what they say: "No Buddy, JPK, Heeney, Hewett, Naismith, Rampe, no Swans"

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think my optimism levels will depend on the team announcement tonight. If Rampe is picked, if Mills is in the middle and perhaps Hayward comes in for Gray, then I'd be quietly confident of witnessing an upset. No Rampe: a lot less so.
    Rampe had his hand strapped up high against his chest in a sling in photo getting on bus on way to airport ..... Still he played half a match one-handed last week so perhaps he could play like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Rampe had his hand strapped up high against his chest in a sling in photo getting on bus on way to airport ..... Still he played half a match one-handed last week so perhaps he could play like that?
    Meh, flesh wound.

Though it does seem a bit bizarre, that they haven't ruled him out already. That they haven't, gives me a little bit of hope. If not, we might get to see the debut of Maibaum or Gould.

Regular in the Side
    Or Melican?

Rampe could be our most important player. And he's the wrong side of 30. He'll be extremely difficult to replace in the short and longer term.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Rampe could be our most important player. And he's the wrong side of 30. He'll be extremely difficult to replace in the short and longer term.
    Reckon he could play quite a few more years yet. Late starter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast