Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Was going to be a smart alec and post anti-Clarkson stuff when the Poos and Wees were losing 31-5 in the first quarter.
    But, at half time, they're 13 points in front!
    Oh well, if they go on to win, it means that another club that the Swans have good reason to thoroughly dislike have lost!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Was going to be a smart alec and post anti-Clarkson stuff when the Poos and Wees were losing 31-5 in the first quarter.
    But, at half time, they're 13 points in front!
    Oh well, if they go on to win, it means that another club that the Swans have good reason to thoroughly dislike have lost!
    Like me S, you have a long.memory. Blues very arrogant for a long period of time.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Like me S, you have a long.memory. Blues very arrogant for a long period of time.
    Success by cheque book.

Veterans List
    Are Carlton fit enough! Seem to drop away after quarter time. Look slow from there on and couldn't get to contests.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    They hovered over us like vultures in our darkest years in the 90s. Pinched our players and waited for us to die so they could move into the Sydney market.
    Their last Premiership was 1995. Let's hope the drought continues for many, many years.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    They hovered over us like vultures in our darkest years in the 90s. Pinched our players and waited for us to die so they could move into the Sydney market.
    Their last Premiership was 1995. Let's hope the drought continues for many, many years.
    On that game they have a long way to go.

Veterans List
    Why do footballers spin the ball in their hands so much when lining up for a shot at goal? The greats such as Lockett, Dunstall and McKenna didn't do this.

Veterans List
    Watching tonights game, I feel we are witnessing the complete destruction of the holding the ball rule.....repeatedly tweaked week by week, it's an absolute debacle now.😩

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Watching tonights game, I feel we are witnessing the complete destruction of the holding the ball rule.....repeatedly tweaked week by week, it's an absolute debacle now.😩
    Free against McGrath a farce. Totally against the spirit of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Why do footballers spin the ball in their hands so much when lining up for a shot at goal? The greats such as Lockett, Dunstall and McKenna didn't do this.
    But the Great Adam Goodes did spin the ball when lining up for goal .... used to make me nervous. But I assume it’s just part of the comfort routine for some players.

Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Handy the hawks getting a win and finding some form , in terms of our likely draft pick. Man being a Carlton supporter must be so frustrating. They’ve been ‘coming’ for about 7 years now. I think the fans will still be waiting ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    But the Great Adam Goodes did spin the ball when lining up for goal .... used to make me nervous. But I assume it’s just part of the comfort routine for some players.
    And he was an ordinary set shot. You can't possibly line the ball up correctly if you spin the ball just before you kick.

Brisbane's kicking skills are sublime. Their accuracy when picking out a player is excellent. Good side to watch.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast