Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Thought I might as well start the general discussion thread now, since the Festival of Footy starts in about twenty minutes, with the Tigers v Bulldogs game. Probably should be a fun, open and attacking game to watch. No idea who I would rather see win, though?

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, that should be Round 9. Could somebody who knows how to correct it, please do so? Ta.

- - - Updated - - -

It's okay. I worked it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Thought I might as well start the general discussion thread now, since the Festival of Footy starts in about twenty minutes, with the Tigers v Bulldogs game. Probably should be a fun, open and attacking game to watch. No idea who I would rather see win, though?

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, that should be Round 9. Could somebody who knows how to correct it, please do so? Ta.

- - - Updated - - -

It's okay. I worked it out.
    Hope they both lose haha.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Hate to say it but Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hope they both lose haha.
    Two very unhappy coaches and a challenging new controversy for the AFL?

Richmond playing with a very un-Richmond-like gameplan

Both teams absolutely just throwing the ball. Blight on the game utilised heavily by the Dogs in 2016

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Richmond ain't my "second team" by any stretch but more than happy to see them smash the Fairypuppies.

Marbior Chol just had an excellent mark and goal followed by a very good goal assist. I'd give our first rounder for him, but it won't be easy to get him off Richmond. He's just the player we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Richmond ain't my "second team" by any stretch but more than happy to see them smash the Fairypuppies.
    Dogs seemed that they might be a bit nonplussed: the free kick count is going against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Marbior Chol just had an excellent mark and goal followed by a very good goal assist. I'd give our first rounder for him, but it won't be easy to get him off Richmond. He's just the player we need.
    And another. He does look handy, but he's a fwd/ruck not a fully fledged ruckman, right?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Dogs seemed that they might be a bit nonplussed: the free kick count is going against them.
    Certainly unfamiliar territory for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    And another. He does look handy, but he's a fwd/ruck not a fully fledged ruckman, right?
    That's my theory about how to deal with the ruck dilemma. If you can't get a Max Gawn of a NicNat, then get a few good tall utilities to share the load. Then you don't fall apart if one goes down with injury. I figure we have Sinclair, Reid, Amartey, McLean (maybe) and Aliir. Chol or someone similar would give us a solid group of players who could play a key position and ruck part time. I believe we can develop a successful game plan around this kind of stoppage group.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast