Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Round 9 v St Kilda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Jones was very good. But he had alot of helpers, unlike when he played for us. Ultimately footy is a team sport and a player will always look better when his team is on top.
    Not sure what game you were watching. Jones won a lot of his own ball through clearances and intercepts.

Also when he played for us he wasn’t given the chance as Horse stuck with Parker, Hewett and JPK as inside midfielders.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Bull dust, I think it’s well accepted on this board that we’re a rabble this season and that development is the name of the game from here on in
    Funny. Didn't hear from you last week when we won.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I agree it was a dismal trade. Considering he was a first round draft pick who was coming into his prime after years of development.

Still I don't think we had a lot of choice. And maybe we felt we owed him, and possibly even the Saints after they took Banners salary off our books.
    The problem was he was out of contract, so we had no leverage. Look at Jack Martin who walked for nothing!

Warming the Bench
    too many passengers today.taylor and gray play like the castoffs they are, no future in them, clarke is the same and blakey needs a rest. more kids in the team cant do any worse than today
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Horse's head must be exploding right now

- - - Updated - - -

My pet hate is players dropping the ball when tackled and no HTB
    Agree with this. Dropping the ball used to be a free.Happened a couple of times when it wasn't paid.and they went forward and kicked goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree with this. Dropping the ball used to be a free.Happened a couple of times when it wasn't paid.and they went forward and kicked goals.
    The adjudication of that rule has been a joke for years. I can remember the Dorks and their dropping it from above their heads, then the fairypuppies, and now it continues. The drop kick one today made me laugh haha.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    too many passengers today.taylor and gray play like the castoffs they are, no future in them, clarke is the same and blakey needs a rest. more kids in the team cant do any worse than today
    Can someone explain to me why we recruited L Taylor and Gray. The are both useless. I think we need a new recruiting manager. We are a complete rabble and many dark years ahead.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yep. Just watch the usual suspects see everything out of unrealistic rose coloured glasses.

Some cannot accept any criticism of our list management.
    And some don't say boo when we win but are poised to sink the boots in when we lose. Club not perfect but better to be patient and see what happens when all tjrdr young guys mature. Losing and failing are part of learning for a young team.

Nick Blakey can do with a spinal adjustment. His head and top of his back arches too far forward. I reckon he can be a couple of inches taller if a Chiro straightens his back, it'll help his game.

That got ugly towards the end. Oh well. As long as we keep trying to build for the future. We were pretty exciting at times, until the Saints took away our corridor options.

In the end, the Saints were slick and deserved that win. They could very well take flag this year.

We're not a rabble as some have suggested. We are missing some key position players. Sinclair is not a good ruckman. That's where it starts. Rampe is playing when he probably shouldn't be. Reid has only just come back. Buddy is out. Heeney. Brand. Joey too.

The upside is that our inexperienced players are getting games and others who would be overlooked (like Fox) are showing that we should continue to play them.

Horse talked in one of his recentish pressers about young players learning in the AFL rather than the NEAFL this year. We are less competitive without Buddy, JPK, Heeney, a ruckman, Hewett but we are getting games into young players and we seem to be in line for a very high draft pick.

Patience is required.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    That got ugly towards the end. Oh well. As long as we keep trying to build for the future. We were pretty exciting at times, until the Saints took away our corridor options.

In the end, the Saints were slick and deserved that win. They could very well take flag this year.

We're not a rabble as some have suggested. We are missing some key position players. Sinclair is not a good ruckman. That's where it starts. Rampe is playing when he probably shouldn't be. Reid has only just come back. Buddy is out. Heeney. Brand. Joey too.

The upside is that our inexperienced players are getting games and others who would be overlooked (like Fox) are showing that we should continue to play them.
    +1

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast