Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Round 9 v St Kilda.

Our inaccurate kicking making life very difficult for us - and we are struggling to match their pace. But I don't think we have played too badly either overall.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

This looks like a game between a high ranked team and a lower ranked team- which it is. I think we are having a go, but saints are too good so far. It's OK. We have a very young team and you can tell they are unsure when things aren't going to plan. Not much footy sense yet.

I hate to say it but Mills has been ordinary in the midfield so far. But we still need to give him several games to adjust, not just a couple as he has played a completely different role throughout his AFL career so far. I'm confident he'll improve and still become a dominant midfielder if given the chance!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    Handball, handball and losing it, is driving me 'round the bend. For god sake kick the bloody ball.

If our players manage or bother to hit a target it would be nice. Our disposal has been a disgrace. Why did Stephens get dropped? At least he can handball. None of these picks can. They take the wrong option again and again. So many times we have either missed the handball target or have handbalked to a player surrounded by opponents.

Our kicking has been woeful too. In fact I'd say our skills are about Under 10 level. Just @@@@e. What is it about a Horse coached team that drafts highly skilled players and within one year they become the most unskilled in the AFL? I mean the Roos/Horse coached teams have not been great at skills. Great at rushing, mongrel footy and very little elite skill. But we now have drafted some highly skilled players. But after 12 months they seem to have lost all their ability to dispose well. Sad.

We are still far too loose. Our forwards and mids are allowing their opponents far too much room. Hill, Gresham & Co are having a ball out there. Their HB line is destroying us. We are building a young team but it is not all the fault of the youngsters. Howard got the ball in the back pocket and then in the same play he took a mark unopposed on the wing. Sam Reid where were you?

Papley is having a dog of a day. Double and triple teamed. So why not use the free players? That is the sensible thing to do so why don't we do it? We have once or twice but if you use them every time and ignore Paps then the opposition will need to man up their opponents therefore freeing Paps up.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Dawson takes a mark, stops and immediately looks backwards.
    That's because there was nobody forward of him either free or not surrounded by a group of opponents

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If it wasn’t for that he was a Swan, Jones would be one player I would love to hate. Just an angry little man.
    I hate him already. I don't give a, @@@@e if he was a Swan or not. The operative word is was. He chose to leave. So @@@@ him. I hope he gets dropped.

Gee Wolfy, negative much?

I'm not disagreeing with the areas you highlight, but we are simply a developing team with a lot of young players, and its going to be hit and miss.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Our scoreline should be at least 5.4. Pressure from both sides is pretty high creating turnovers, but we're also managing to turn it over when there is no pressure. Ling, Bell and ET don't seem as comfortable as last week. Mills and Clarke have had minimal impact.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    Handball, handball and losing it, is driving me 'round the bend. For god sake kick the bloody ball.
    We can't because there is nobody to kick to. They are all in the Saints defensive 50. Typical Horse flood when things go wrong. Go totally defensive. Can't score that way but what the hell. Horse will do that the rest of today. It'll be another Richmond, manage the damage game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If it wasn’t for that he was a Swan, Jones would be one player I would love to hate. Just an angry little man.
    Let's be honest. He was an angry little man when he played for us. But he was our angry little man. Now he ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Gee Wolfy, negative much?

I'm not disagreeing with the areas you highlight, but we are simply a developing team with a lot of young players, and its going to be hit and miss.
    If I remember rightly ai highlighted youth on one post. But even a developing team needs to be able to focus and make good decisions. Otherwise it never develops. It stays a bottom team.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast