Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Changes for Round 10 v Pies

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    A couple of things:
    1) Seeing him in the flesh (most recently for me was the WC game at Metricon) he doesn't seem that big. Kennedy, Darling and Waterman all looked alot more solid as does Rampe.
    2) Lately not playing to his size. Gets out muscled too easily. Overall movement seems impaired as well.
    Looked great when he first came in, to the point where I felt he was the obvious successor to Reg. Now not so sure. The injuries might have taken a permanent toll (hope not!).
    The point is he doesn’t lack for size. Whether he’s been playing that way is another story. The same way he doesn’t lack for speed, but has looked slow at time’s. I think a lot of can be put down to form and confidence. We know he is capable. He just hasn’t shown it much in recent seasons ( injuries have also played a big part ) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree about Melican. When he first started, looked extremely promising. Has had a couple of bad injuries and has looked to have lost a yard of pace since then. Would be great if he got back to his best.
    A few years back he was looking like being a solid replacement for Reg but injuries have put a dampener on that :-(
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

That is a damn good post, M26.

My opinion is that he doesn't play like key back we hoped he would become. He may have height but not convincing defensively

According to this SMH article ‘Aliir could not be considered due to an injured toe’.

Some other interesting bits make this worth a read. And you might notice an editing clanger.

Key defenders out of Sydney derby in Perth Former Giants captain Phil Davis and Swans defender Aliir Aliir are out of the Sydney derby.
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/k...5l46.html?btis

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree about Melican. When he first started, looked extremely promising. Has had a couple of bad injuries and has looked to have lost a yard of pace since then. Would be great if he got back to his best.
    He seems to lack confidence.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Blakey to the mids?
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    couldnt hurt could it
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112