Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 10 v Pies

He was at the club for 3yrs and was given a bit of a go but never delivered.
    Got injured at the wrong time last year, would of could of should of.
    Clearly all our eggs were inthe Naismith basket and we do have backups but they are injured too.

Not too fussed about Darcy, as i said, he was given a go and didnt do anything more than Maclean.

There are only a few rucks in the comp that have decisive taps in the middle, our biggest concern is midfield setup around the ground when rucks arent gettimg decisive taps.
    Its second rate, the best we get is Parker kicking it iver hus shoulder tackled by 3 opposition.

Seems to me we have too many guys around the ball worrying about what not to do rather than just get the bloody ball. Everyone is flat footed which means you have no intention of attacking.

Midfield coaching needs an overhaul

McVeigh midfield coach for 9 games

Out: Gray, Blakey
    In: McInerney, Brand

Gray's a bust and Blakey needs some time out to rebuild his confidence, this year has been an embarrassment for him … serious case of 2nd year blues.
    I'd move Aliir to ruck-forward, hopefully his element of unpredictability can flatfoot Grundy. Sinclair would be no hope against Grundy.

E.Taylor out for Stephens would be another swap I wouldn't mind seeing.

One serious positive is the rise of Fox as a KPD. I think a backline of Fox, Rampe and Aliir looks great, with Brand waiting in the wings.

Coaches develop from Assistants to Head coaches, we need our heads read if we have personnel in key roles and they are developing from players to assistants, sit at the back of the coaches box for that

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Coaches develop from Assistants to Head coaches, we need our heads read if we have personnel in key roles and they are developing from players to assistants, sit at the back of the coaches box for that
    To be fair, McVeigh was like a coach on the ground, especially when he played back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    To be fair, McVeigh was like a coach on the ground, especially when he played back.
    I believe they are all capable but its needs a deep dive atm as the mid setup around the ground is broken.

Maybe people need to listen more or speak more ???

I can't see why the midfield coaches are being criticised in light of the way the season has gone. We lose our only good ruckman who was key to our preseason training, then COVID limits the training schedule. 3 top midfielders go down with injury and we find ourselves shuffling around a group of debutantes and under 10 gamers. I think some expectations are unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I can't see why the midfield coaches are being criticised in light of the way the season has gone. We lose our only good ruckman who was key to our preseason training, then COVID limits the training schedule. 3 top midfielders go down with injury and we find ourselves shuffling around a group of debutantes and under 10 gamers. I think some expectations are unrealistic.
    Method is method, Saints destroyed us with a guy that couldnt get a game in our midfield.

Warming the Bench
    some radical ideas. in melican, stevens, amerty, out. ltaylor,gray,blakey,
    lloyd melican rampe
    cunningham reid mills
    clarke parker stevens
    bell mccartin hayward
    papley sinclair taylor
    amertey rowbottom florent
    ic alir ling ? ?
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Senior Player