Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Festival of the Boot (part 2).

Veterans List
    Riewolt is so critical Bellengen was out of the contest/ball kicked over his head.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Riewolt is so critical Bellengen was out of the contest/ball kicked over his head.
    Arrogant know all

Lions fans must be headbutting the walls: 3-15 at three quarter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Classic Dimma, flooding the corridor, not letting the Lions play their favoured game style. He’s Ruining the spectacle of the game !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know. Footy fans want to see goals kicked, not behinds. Especially in these troubled times. Damien, you're letting Australia down.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Lions fans must be headbutting the walls: 3-15 at three quarter time.
    At least half of those extremely gettable to. Should be 10-8 or better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    At least Ricmond are getting penalised for holding up the play.

Richmonds kicking is sublime.
    Last edited by Nico; 4th August 2020 at 10:24 PM.

Senior Player

2020 GF Richmond v West Coast

Senior Player

I can't stand them, but must admit when they are on they are pretty good. Their skill level is off the charts sometimes, and
    their defence really disciplined. It's a pity we can't go back to the old days when they came ninth every year.

Richmond are amazing. A few years ago Hardwick was going to be sacked. Couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag.
    Then the list matured, and they had a good list, and did well. Hardwick survives, but is it the list or him?
    Now they have lots of injuries and still winning. Must be coach and tactices, not list.

If I didnt know better, I would say, in around 2014, Hardwick sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the keys to the vault which holds the game plan to beat all game plans.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Richmond are amazing. A few years ago Hardwick was going to be sacked. Couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag.
    Then the list matured, and they had a good list, and did well. Hardwick survives, but is it the list or him?
    Now they have lots of injuries and still winning. Must be coach and tactices, not list.

If I didnt know better, I would say, in around 2014, Hardwick sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the keys to the vault which holds the game plan to beat all game plans.
    They had a review, kept Hardwick but made wholesale changes around him and completely changed the game plan. It wasn’t Hardwick’s, might have come from Caracella.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    They had a review, kept Hardwick but made wholesale changes around him and completely changed the game plan. It wasn’t Hardwick’s, might have come from Caracella.
    And further to that, I think they found that Hardwick was being to much of a control freak, so it was decided to broaden the power structure. This gave the players and other staff members more of a say. Much the same thing happened at an underperforming Geelong, before they went on a premiership run. That is, less control to the coach at the time, Mark Thompson, and more open communication and democracy. In both cases, it's more or less what Roosy did on his own initiative, when he took over from Eade.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And further to that, I think they found that Hardwick was being to much of a control freak, so it was decided to broaden the power structure. This gave the players and other staff members more of a say. Much the same thing happened at an underperforming Geelong, before they went on a premiership run. That is, less control to the coach at the time, Mark Thompson, and more open communication and democracy. In both cases, it's more or less what Roosy did on his own initiative, when he took over from Eade.
    Too much of a control freak, not "to much".

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast