Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Festival of the Boot (part 2).

Veterans List
    A GWS player took a Papley "dive" early in tonights game. I wonder if he will be fined.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    A GWS player took a Papley "dive" early in tonights game. I wonder if he will be fined.
    It was @@@@house from paps, I don’t like it. But Tom Lynch got the same fine for pushing a players face into the ground ? Plus I hope they crack down on all staging now, not just ones that Lord Clarkson Vader points out to the Empire .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Did anyone see the stage by Ward. Made Tommy's look tame.

Yes, I just tuned in for the last couple of minutes of that game. If Papley's was worth $500, then that should be at least a grand. From seemingly minimal contact, he managed to helicopter his body through the air, almost 360 degrees, with a mid-flight twist for good measure.

Senior Player
    Agree. Worse than Papley. Academy Award. Must be fined. But will they weaken as usual?

Yep, Ward milked that one until the whistle went .
    Nevertheless, I like watching GWS .

Callan Ward's winning goal is a great advertisement for staging ---- if you can kick the goal. If a missed goal staging is worth $500 then what's the price of game winning stage?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Callan Ward's winning goal is a great advertisement for staging ---- if you can kick the goal. If a missed goal staging is worth $500 then what's the price of game winning stage?
    It looked to me that it was shoulder contact. The flogs on Fox say it wasn't as bad as Papley.

Most people don't know that while Ward was recuperating from his ACL injury he used to time to graduate from the Alex Rance School of Flopping ---- with honours, mind you. He's got a future after footy.

Heath Shaw interviewing Callan Ward about the controversy erupting over his staging .
    I’ve never seen that before .

Senior Player
    A couple good games later today. Port v Richmond, Brisbane v Dogs. Also I have to wonder how the turf at the Gabba and Metricon
    is holding up. As much as I'd like the see the Grand Final in Sydney, I think the Queenslanders deserve it. Man, they have saved the
    comp so far. Hosting so many games and putting up (and putting up with) the players, team officials and their families. I promise
    not to make any Queensland jokes anymore. Well, for a while anyway.

Veterans List
    Yes, as magnificent and GF worthy as Perth Stadium is, I think Queensland has earned the right to host the Grand Final. They have saved the season....and IMO the Gabba is still a great stadium.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast