Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 2020 Round 10 Vs Pies at Gabba

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes regroup (I’ll blame autocorrect). Morris also quick to add he’s not suggesting the doctor listened to the player but did note how slow they went off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Interesting tidbit on the FOX FOOTY podcast where Tom Morris claims at least one Collingwood player told the doctor treating Quaynor to slow down to give them time to recruit
    Would not suprise me at all. The medivac also took a frigging age to get off the field too. Certainly hurt the momentum it felt like we had at that stage.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Would not suprise me at all. The medivac also took a frigging age to get off the field too. Certainly hurt the momentum it felt like we had at that stage.
    Yes, if I ever need "urgent" medical attention I think I call in the nearest turtles to carry me there rather the Collingwood medivac staff.
    The Collingwood player didn't seem perturbed at all about his injury, and was smiling at nearby snails passed him on the way to the boundary.
    Come to think of it, maybe he cut himself on a snail shell that was on the ground. I can't see how Wicks' boot could have done it.
    Watching the game it seemed completely obvious that Collingwood (with their depleted bench) were milking it so their players could get a nice
    rest before play restarted.
    Last edited by KTigers; 13th August 2020 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If the latter, even if true, I doubt the doctor needed to be encouraged to slow down. Having seen the photo of the gaping wound I can understand why the doctor was holding it together and didn’t want any bumps from a fast-moving trolley that might cause the split to worsen.

It was a gruesome injury. From the video it is pretty clear Quaynor was suffering shock - and I would be too if I looked down at my leg and it was split open.
    I’ve got a copy of the un-pixelated version and it is severe. No amount of speed would be warranted. I was interested to observe that the 1st attendee who had their hands on Isaac Quaynor’s shin appeared to have no gloves on. Given the severity of the laceration, if correct, that is staggering (both for the safety of the players wound and the blood-born risks to the attendee).

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    . ' '

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324