Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 11: the other games (they're all other games).

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Are you referring to Rowbottom? He said he is a friend of the family. Maybe because he is the nephew of Brian Taylor.
    Yes . Still very inappropriate for a club president to be personally contacting a player from a rival club.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Yes . Still very inappropriate for a club president to be personally contacting a player from a rival club.
    Does as he likes. Doesn't know the meaning of conflict of interest. Never pulled up. Quite extraordinary. Corrupt league.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Are you referring to Rowbottom? He said he is a friend of the family. Maybe because he is the nephew of Brian Taylor.
    Texting him about what?

Wasn’t our Tom Harley mentoring Joe Daniher?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Wasn’t our Tom Harley mentoring Joe Daniher?
    Yes, and it was inappropriate then.

Am I the only one enjoying watching Freo smash the Hawks?

Just tuned in. I enjoyed the few goals at the end of that quarter.

Veterans List
    Always love watching when the Hawks are getting beat, they just down pan to Clarko often enough on these occasions :-)

Good to see expensive purchase Wingard do stuff all, as is his style when he doesn't switch on. I was told by someone from within Port that coaches and players were happy to see him traded, never showed any passion for the game when he was at Port, still doesn't I expect.

At the other end of the cost scale, Scully, who they got for just a half eaten serve of chips, is appropriately just an ineffective "seagull". Loving the way the Hawks are going at present.

Senior Player
    Yes, I think there are probably quite a few footballers for whom footy is just a job. It's something they are good at, it pays well, but other
    than that they can take it or leave it. Some days they just turn up and are not really "feeling it". When you think about it, why would it
    be any different from any other profession?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Always love watching when the Hawks are getting beat, they just down pan to Clarko often enough on these occasions :-)

Good to see expensive purchase Wingard do stuff all, as is his style when he doesn't switch on. I was told by someone from within Port that coaches and players were happy to see him traded, never showed any passion for the game when he was at Port, still doesn't I expect.
    I always thought Wingard was quite old, but I see he was drafter in 2014 with a whole lot of Giants who I think of as young. Coniglio, Whitfield, Corr, Thomlinson.
    At the other end of the cost scale, Scully, who they got for just a half eaten serve of chips, is appropriately just an ineffective "seagull". Loving the way the Hawks are going at present.
    Half eaten serve of chips that a seagull has shat in.

Veterans List
    Adelaide's Crouch is out injured this week. Slipped on a wet veranda. The big question is; did he spill his beer.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I always thought Wingard was quite old, but I see he was drafted in 2014 with a whole lot of Giants who I think of as young. Coniglio, Whitfield, Corr, Thomlinson.
    2011. Still not that old (27).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast