Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Round 12: Swans v Giants in Perth

I missed watching this game on TV. Is there a place I can watch a replay without having to pay?

Round 12: Swans v Giants in Perth

Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    I missed watching this game on TV. Is there a place I can watch a replay without having to pay?
    You have to watch it. Looks like Ike you can only get highlights if you don’t have kayo. They have a free 14 day trial though so get it , watch it and watch next Saturday then unsubscribe ?

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/art...-trial-on-Kayo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    This is the first game in awhile that we have applied pressure from the opening bounce until the final siren. It was a pleasure to watch.

We seemed to be more accurate with our disposals and rarely turned the ball over compared to other weeks. Even when we dropped a mark or fumbled, there were 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts.

It was nice to see Longmire smiling in the coaches box for a change 😊.

The WA supporters were great and made heaps of noise. It was like a swans home game. Hopefully there will be another good turnout next week.

Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    PM me

These are the votes for the Brett Kirk Medal:

Mitch Cleary, AFL Media

3 Luke Parker
    2 Dane Rampe
    1 Nick Blakey

Ben Horne, Daily Telegraph

3 Dane Rampe
    2 Luke Parker
    1 Jake Lloyd

Vince Rugari, Sydney Morning Herald:

3 James Rowbottom
    2 Nick Blakey
    1 Luke Parker

Wonder when the ‘ Parker is over rated’ mob are going to apologise.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goodie3shoes View Post
    Wonder when the ‘ Parker is over rated’ mob are going to apologise.
    They tend to disappear when Parks plays well.....much like the 'Longmire is over rated' mob do after a great win.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Dunstall is a smart dude and a good analyst of players, having been integral to the Hawks strategy through their rise. So nice to see him zero in on Rowbottom.

Category: | Herald Sun

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    They tend to disappear when Parks plays well.....much like the 'Longmire is over rated' mob do after a great win.
    Not to mention the "I don't think Rowbottam is going to make it" naysayers. Fascinating stats during the Fox broadcast on JR's rating among teenage midfielders - obviously not a big crew in that cohort who get as many chances as he does, but he was clearly matching it with the Walshes, Smiths, Rowells etc. Great young player.

EDIT: hadn't read the Bloods post/mea culpa.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Massive downgrade from Mills to any of the 3 novices you mention. Mills, who didn't play a minute of midfield last night, should rightly stay back, where he is elite. Not as simple as some might think to be a great defender.

I'm fast getting to this point too - Mills is an elite AFL defender and we shouldn't be wringing our hands that he hasn't become the midfielder we might have hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The frees were 16/16 and we won by 41 points. I didn't think the umpires were too bad. Could be argued that the free Thurlow got in the last quarter gifted us a goal.
    The truth is neither Thurlow nor Stephens were genuine free kicks, in both cases the man in front went to ground themselves and virtually dragged the tacklers with them. Couldn't see what Melican did wrong but Dane certainly had arms around Cameron.
    The positives were much more important than the negatives and a delight to watch:
    Melican's efforts to regain fitness being rewarded and the spell in the scratch match has not harmed Blakey.
    Loved the leaders' games and the discipline of Hayward was outstanding.
    Rowbottom's emergence as a significant midfield weapon and Fox's reliabilty down back.
    COR playing out a game without injury and Dawson's calm slotting of goals from the 50 not to mention his distribution skills.

Bliss

Oh my. I'm on cloud 27 after this game.
    The kids seem to have finally gelled.
    Putting paps into the middle and moving lizard around has worked wonders. They should stick with this.
    We're STILL the owners of the bridge - how it should be.
    Give them a few years and we're going to be a force to be reckoned with - again.
    Pity the umpires were playing full-forward for the bogans.
    Had they scored 0.7.7, properly, without help from the umps, I would have tattooed it onto my back.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.