Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 12: Swans v Giants in Perth

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Melican's best game since 2017; almost the most exciting part of the night because it's a real area of need. Great body work and kicked very well with both feet
    I agree. I have been his greatest critic but if he plays like that consistently then I am happy to have him in the team. He towelled up a fairly handy forward. Another who has given us some maturity and steadyness is Thurlow. He has put up his hand to stay on the list.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Only three goals and all from poor free kicks. Imagine being a GWS supporter tonight
    He’ll be devastated.

Veterans List
    How good was that? What a delightful surprise for a Thursday night! Not a member of the 22 who didn't contribute, just tremendous.

No changes for the game against Freo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I agree. I have been his greatest critic but if he plays like that consistently then I am happy to have him in the team. He towelled up a fairly handy forward. Another who has given us some maturity and steadyness is Thurlow. He has put up his hand to stay on the list.
    Thurlow seems to be grasping this chance - maybe he sees it as his last chance saloon to stay in AFL footy. But he has great since coming back in. 15 touches and a goal tonight, on top of what he did last week. We need to find a few players like him to fill out an older rump of experienced players to help guide the Cygnets. Long may his good form continue, as I've always enjoyed how he tries to play the game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Would be great if he became the player we thought he'd become when he first started until he got a lot of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    He’ll be devastated.

One final smile before a contented sleep tonight - thanks Big Cat!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hayward is doing a great defensive job on Haynes.
    Yes he did a fantastic job. It shows you that you can't just look at stats. I noticed that after the players sang the song, Longmire pulled the players into a group and he singled out Hayward giving him feedback on his performance and congratulating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's so great to see things come together for a big win. I've been imagining the future, but it's nice to see it happen over 4 quarters in a real game.

Sinkers played like a real #1 ruckman. He was fantastic. Papley does so much even without getting big possessions or kicking goals. There's no way we will ever let him go.

With Melican, COR and Fox playing so well, it seems like we have so much depth in defence. In fact, when you think of the number of talented players, both experienced and youngsters, not in the side, the future is looking very bright indeed.

Final Score: Swans: 66 Umps: 18 GSW: 7

So, we learned what the umpiring quota is against the Swans. 3 goals. We don't have to complain about it anymore. It's in the rule book.
    Are you sure that none of the behinds were also from soft frees?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Earlier in the season the commentators seemed to delight in pointing out our low scores. They haven’t pointed out that this is currently GW$’s lowest ever score

... thanks Jason D
    All commentators have pointed out the record low score, all from free kicks, all dubious or plain wrong calls. Nice work by those guys.

Thurlow was the biggest recruiting disappointment last year. I had him #1 for delisting, but now he's back on board. He was drafted with a reputation of being a very good kick and he's showing it now.

Melican had such a good all around game. He had the best disposal efficiency of all the Swans. We know what he's capable of. I don't see why he can't do it consistently.

That was a pretty good first game from Zac Foot. Once he adjusts to AFL level, he'll pick up the pace of the game. The Giants really didn't play an AFL level game tonight, so Zac and rest of the players will have to adjust to Freo, who will bring a lot more heat than the Giants did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Are you sure that none of the behinds were also from soft frees?
    There were a couple. They were so soft, even the GWS player was embarrassed to kick a goal.

Veterans List
    Great game plan by Horse & Co. Targeted the key GWS playmakers and selected the right players to negate them.

Melican & COR probably had their best games for us, Rampe and Sinclair were immense, Blakey and Dawson very good games, pist that the umpire gave a free to Papley in the pocket (missed the shot) when Dawson had marked on a much better angle and probably kicks it. Parker just did what he does every week.

Add three very good players at the draft to this team, nice.