Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 12, the other games. When too much footy is never enough.

Round 12, the other games. When too much footy is never enough.

Now that it's the fourth round of the Festival of Footy, it's possibly time to evaluate of the old Roy and HG maxim; that too much sport is never enough. That is, is a game or two every night, starting to seem like too much, or is it still a fun thing for most people? Personally, I'm still enthused, and the fact that I'm still enthused, is making me appreciate how much I do love the game. Of course, the excellent win last night helped, but still, I continue to be genuinely interested in many other games, whereas, in most other codes, that doesn't really happen.

Of the other games, tonight's clash between two form sides, in Port and Geelong, should have some top quality football. There's also a couple of games that are important for the makeup of the eight: Melbourne v Collingwood and St Kilda v Essendon. And for those who enjoy seeing Hawthorn get smashed, West Coast should do just that.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Winning the the first game of a round is always very nice! You can sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the round. Some good games to look forward to. I, too, hope that West Coast continue to pour pain on the Hawks. Also hoping that the Demons make a mess of the Pies!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Now that it's the fourth round of the Festival of Footy, it's possibly time to evaluate of the old Roy and HG maxim; that too much sport is never enough. That is, is a game or two every night, starting to seem like too much, or is it still a fun thing for most people? Personally, I'm still enthused, and the fact that I'm still enthused, is making me appreciate how much I do love the game. Of course, the excellent win last night helped, but still, I continue to be genuinely interested in many other games, whereas, in most other codes, that doesn't really happen.

Of the other games, tonight's clash between two form sides, in Port and Geelong, should have some top quality football. There's also a couple of games that are important for the makeup of the eight: Melbourne v Collingwood and St Kilda v Essendon. And for those who enjoy seeing Hawthorn get smashed, West Coast should do just that.
    I want a bet each way. I love the fact that there's at least one game every day, but it also is making me a bit lackadaisical too. If I miss a game tonight there's one tomorrow. It's less "appointment" television and a bit more like fodder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Winning the the first game of a round is always very nice! You can sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the round. Some good games to look forward to. I, too, hope that West Coast continue to pour pain on the Hawks. Also hoping that the Demons make a mess of the Pies!
    I am prepared to grant both wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Yes, I would certainly prefer a Demons win. Although that seems a little bit more difficult now, with Gawn out and Pendlebury in.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

I like that it (a game or two every night) is there if I want it. It's a pity the commentary and the game pre amble is just as tired and
    cliche ridden as it's ever been. I think part of the problem is there are too many commentators for each game (usually four or five)
    and they all compete with each to get the most words in.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I like that it (a game or two every night) is there if I want it. It's a pity the commentary and the game pre amble is just as tired and
    cliche ridden as it's ever been. I think part of the problem is there are too many commentators for each game (usually four or five)
    and they all compete with each to get the most words in.
    Yes, the commentary is variable. Sometimes I quite enjoy it, at other times it's Brian Taylor.

Tonight’s game has been disappointing so far. I was hoping for something similar to the Port V Tigers game. This is pretty ho hum stuff.
    Last nights game was far more exciting. Granted i am biased but in terms of exiting play / highlights last night wins hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Tonight’s game has been disappointing so far. I was hoping for something similar to the Port V Tigers game. This is pretty ho hum stuff.
    Last nights game was far more exciting. Granted i am biased but in terms of exiting play / highlights last night wins hands down

Yes, same. Geelong seem to be swamping Port with greater size and force, unfortunately.

Geelong have been amazing in their last two games. Strangled and outplayed Port and the Saints, both top4 sides.

Wonder if they can translate this form to finals for once?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Geelong have been amazing in their last two games. Strangled and outplayed Port and the Saints, both top4 sides.

Wonder if they can translate this form to finals for once?
    Yeah they are looking very good, Tomahawk is a bloody great big forward. So consistent over the years. Looks like he’ll run away with the Coleman this year

Veterans List
    Two last quarter goals gives Rohan 3 for the night plus 11 possessions and 6 marks. Finally finding some consistency?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Two last quarter goals gives Rohan 3 for the night plus 11 possessions and 6 marks. Finally finding some consistency?
    Gary who?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast