Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Taylor banned for rest of season!

Very stupid thing for ET to do but I'm not surprised. He's 18 and most probably lacks the maturity, like many 18yo boys (which alot are at 18, even though they are officially adults),to fully comprehend the seriousness of his actions. The club should take some of it out of his contract so that he takes some financial responsibility for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Fair enough, I still feel for the kid though, and the fact the fine comes off our soft cap next year is still due to a tightening of the rules post Bucks breach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel for ET as well - though not as much as I did originally if it is true (as has been reported) that his GF came over from NSW. I had assumed it was a GF in WA whom he hadn’t seen since he left WA.

Tom Morris reported on Fox that the soft cap charge in 2021 of $25,000 was the first of its kind. Only the Swans had to take a soft cap charge for a Covid breach. For Elijah's sake, I hope it doesn't come out of the nutritionist's salary.

The AFL were going to put another trading ban on the Swans, but considering how poorly we've done trading lately, they thought the ban would be more of a benefit than a penalty..
    Last edited by Ludwig; 15th August 2020 at 10:59 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    First time away from home so understandable. He felt the stress like we all do on a so called pandemic that has a 99% survival rate. I place the blame on these corrupt politicians more than ET.
    ?? "so called pandemic" ??
    What the?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Oh man:

"It‘s understood Taylor and his girlfriend hatched a plan to sneak her in late at night and didn’t consider how difficult it would be to get her out."

AFL 2020: Elijah Taylor suspended, partner, Sydney Swan banned for breaching AFL COVID-19 protocols | FOX SPORTS
    That's why he got the harsh penalty. Knew exactly what he was doing. He should be made to pay the $25000.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I feel for ET as well - though not as much as I did originally if it is true (as has been reported) that his GF came over from NSW. I had assumed it was a GF in WA whom he hadn’t seen since he left WA.
    Yeah ok , I did not know that. Not sure how that even works with WA’s hard border closure ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Age:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...15-p55m30.html

“Though Taylor's partner had completed her self-quarantine after arriving from NSW 14 days earlier she was not authorised to enter the resort under AFL protocols and the WA quarantine directions for the Swans.“

Gil not happy we knocked GWS out of the 8.

Elijah Taylor banned for rest of season!

From that Age article posted above by Markwebbos another quote:

‘Taylor, the No.36 pick in last year's draft, was presented his jumper by Lance Franklin ahead of his debut in round seven against Gold Coast ....’

‘The club held him in high enough esteem to hand him the No.37 guernsey worn by the great Adam Goodes but are now furious at his actions.’

Elijah has let down a lot of people.

Regular in the Side
    Swans treat him fairly and understanding. He may ust get up and go. I think I read somewhere that he dad some trouble before when playing with WA under age team. Just a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    From that Age article posted above by Markwebbos another quote:

‘Taylor, the No.36 pick in last year's draft, was presented his jumper by Lance Franklin ahead of his debut in round seven against Gold Coast ....’

‘The club held him in high enough esteem to hand him the No.37 guernsey worn by the great Adam Goodes but are now furious at his actions.’

Elijah has let down a lot of people.
    Agree - the thing is if another player at another club did exactly the same thing (ie Elijahs actions) we would be shouting from the roof tops that the kid should be suspended indefinitely, sent packing that he’s put the competition in jeopardy etc. just because he’s one of ours doesn’t mean he should be exempt from criticism. This isn’t an end of season trip type situation. There are Laws that have been broken.

I don’t buy that he doesn’t understand the Hub situation, the players would have been Lectured continually & daily about how high the stakes are, what they can & mustn’t do and yet he and the GF still hatched a plan.

They knew what they were doing and didn’t care about the possible ramifications.

Did he think that he was there on a holiday??

He actually requested the number 37 - and they gave it to him - wish they’d left it a few more years now. It may seem harsh but he has had an incredible amount of support from the club from day 1, but totally disregards the situation.
    Last edited by Wardy; 16th August 2020 at 09:42 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Agree - the thing is if another player at another club did exactly the same thing (ie Elijahs actions) we would be shouting from the roof tops that the kid should be suspended indefinitely, sent packing etc.

I don’t buy that he doesn’t understand the Hub situation, the players would have been Lectured continually & daily about how high the stakes are, what they can & mustn’t do and yet he and the GF still hatched a plan.

They knew what they were doing and didn’t care about the possible ramifications.

Did he think that he was there on a holiday??

He actually requested the number 37 - and they gave it to him - wish they’d left it a few more years now. It may seem harsh but he has had an incredible amount of support from the club from day 1, but totally disregards the situation.
    I'm sure he did care about possible ramifications. Of course he knows he is breaking Covid regulations, just like the 18 year old (or
    the 40 year old) non-footballer down the street does when he breaks the regulations. I think sometimes people look around and see
    other people breaking the rules and getting away with it, and so they hope they can to. This stuff happens all the time. The club has
    to, and will do a lot to support him, but ultimately they can't live his life for him and make every decision. That will be up to him
    going forward. He will have the opportunity to learn from his mistakes (as well all do) but he will have to take it.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast