Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 13: the other games. Indigenous round.

Round 13: the other games. Indigenous round.

I was nearly going to call the thread, 'where's my Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday night football?', because I was sort of getting used to having a game every night, but instead, I thought that I should acknowledge the Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

On a vaguely shallow personal level, I look forward to seeing each year's crop of indigenous jerseys, as there's always some brilliant design work amongst them. This year is no exception. To me, the Crows jersey is a stunningly good piece of art. Also, there's an impressive bit of multitasking going on, with five of them being designed by current players, with Bobby Hill's effort for the Giants being one of my favourites. We'll be once again donning the Black Swan.

Check out all the Indigenous jumpers ahead of the 2020 Sir Doug Nicholls Round

Match wise, there's a few games that should be worth watching. The Suns have a rare Friday night appearance, when they take on Carlton. The Dogs and Demons clash on Saturday arvo, should be entertaining and hard fought. Bit of a shame that there's no Dreamtime at the G, but we should be see some fun celebrations in Darwin, before switching over for our match against the Dockers. And finally, the best match of the round, could be Sunday afternoon's Lions v Saints, which should give some sort of indication, how much either side is a genuine premiership contender.

Senior Player
    My favourite round, sad not to be watching it in person this year.

The ABC analysts article this week looks at some numbers around indigenous players, a good read as always and some interesting facts and figures in there.

The numbers highlighting Indigenous players' immense impact on Australian rules football

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    My favourite round, sad not to be watching it in person this year.

The ABC analysts article this week looks at some numbers around indigenous players, a good read as always and some interesting facts and figures in there.

The numbers highlighting Indigenous players' immense impact on Australian rules football
    Good article. Though on a slightly narky note, the over-representation of indigenous players in the AFL, does stress what a rort the NGAs for Victorian clubs are: since one of the chief justifications for them, was the alleged need to boost indigenous player numbers. Instead, it just means that many indigenous kids are tied to particular clubs, who can draft them at a discount.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I was nearly going to call the thread, 'where's my Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday night football?', because I was sort of getting used to having a game every night, but instead, I thought that I should acknowledge the Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

On a vaguely shallow personal level, I look forward to seeing each year's crop of indigenous jerseys, as there's always some brilliant design work amongst them. This year is no exception. To me, the Crows jersey is a stunningly good piece of art. Also, there's an impressive bit of multitasking going on, with five of them being designed by current players, with Bobby Hill's effort for the Giants being one of my favourites. We'll be once again donning the Black Swan.

Check out all the Indigenous jumpers ahead of the 2020 Sir Doug Nicholls Round

Match wise, there's a few games that should be worth watching. The Suns have a rare Friday night appearance, when they take on Carlton. The Dogs and Demons clash on Saturday arvo, should be entertaining and hard fought. Bit of a shame that there's no Dreamtime at the G, but we should be see some fun celebrations in Darwin, before switching over for our match against the Dockers. And finally, the best match of the round, could be Sunday afternoon's Lions v Saints, which should give some sort of indication, how much either side is a genuine premiership contender.
    They're all very good but totally agree that Adelaide's indigenous round jumper is fantastic. It comes a very close second to ours! Quite like Essendon's and Geelong's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    They're all very good but totally agree that Adelaide's indigenous round jumper is fantastic. It comes a very close second to ours! Quite like Essendon's and Geelong's too.
    Yes, I really liked what they did with the Essendon red sash. I was also on the verge of praising the Hawthorn design, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

The roving goal by Zak Butters to see off Hawks .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The roving goal by Zak Butters to see off Hawks .
    How sweet it is. Notice free kick count was 20-8 in Port's favour. How times have changed. Odds on a whinge about it from Clarkson?

I would have liked Hawks to win to go above us on the ladder.

Lions v Saints was a pretty intense game. Possibly made a bit tighter than it should have been, by the inaccuracy of the Lions. If they start kicking straight again, they should be a genuine premiership threat.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Lions v Saints was a pretty intense game. Possibly made a bit tighter than it should have been, by the inaccuracy of the Lions. If they start kicking straight again, they should be a genuine premiership threat.
    West Coast jumped Carlton. Commentators include McGuire and Brereton so mute button in operation. McGuire is a very ordinary caller.

Veterans List
    Both Grimes and Vlaustin were fined for staging. Grimes is a serial stager.

Lynch has been sent straight to the tribunal so looks like he will finally get suspended for his actions.

Veterans List
    Good, good & good.

Grimes has taken over from Rance as the biggest flopper/stager in the game. That one last night may have changed the result.

Papley's fine, well it was just a stupid thing to do, just play footy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast