Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 14 Vs Port at Adelaide

Surely the biggest issue is who has the best chance to match Charlie Dixon.

If Brandt played OK in the scratchie, he has the bulk and height and experience to be my nomination.

Gould has none of those attributes, and being a South Australian is hardly a reason for "gifting" him a game. Melican doesn't deserve a mismatch either!!

Sure, we have to score, but stopping their main man has to be a consideration for the coach/selection panel as well.

Whats up with Dean Cox?

I dont mind a bit of creative tension in the box, but him and Longmire seem to be going loggerheads at each other every game.

Regular in the Side
    The full AFL injury list: Round 14 - Our injury list now has TEN listed as "SEASON" including Maibaum which says "The club announced last week that Maibaum's mother had passed away. He is back in Victoria and won't return this season." Really sorry for Maibaum. Very poor timing indeed. He has missed quite a few opportunities. With the threat to reduce the list size, perhaps we will never see his debut in Red and White.

Regular in the Side
    Really sorry for Maibaum as he would have been my choice to replace Rampe at full back if he was fit. Life can be really sh**ty at times. Wish him well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Whats up with Dean Cox?

I dont mind a bit of creative tension in the box, but him and Longmire seem to be going loggerheads at each other every game.
    That's because when the coaches box is shown it's either after the opposition has kicked a goal or the swans have made a mistake. That's happened a lot this year! Although during the GWS game after Bell kicked a goal, both Longmire and Cox were smiling.

I heard an interview with Cox last week and they did joke that it looked like Cox was Longmires punching bag this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    That's because when the coaches box is shown it's either after the opposition has kicked a goal or the swans have made a mistake. That's happened a lot this year! Although during the GWS game after Bell kicked a goal, both Longmire and Cox were smiling.

I heard an interview with Cox last week and they did joke that it looked like Cox was Longmires punching bag this year.
    Any suggestion of a problem is fake news

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    it would be great, as long as he has earned his spot. From all the reporting, that doesn't seem to be the case. He wouldn't gain anything from playing poorly in front of a home crowd.
    I've never been one for gifting games however it may be the right time to play Gould. Yes, in front of his family but more importantly to give him the experience of an AFL game. The coaching staff could use this as a good reference point for him to improve his stamina and drive and what is required to play at the elite level.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I don't doubt our players' effort but perhaps there have been too much distractions. Papley has been a barometer of our performance. However, after the attack from Clarko, the unfair fine for so call "staging" and the chorus from the the Vic commentators, death of his friend and then ET 's drama and his own goalless matches...,his performance against the Dockers was far from satisfactory. When asked by the press, Horse was quite critical of his bad behaviour of throwing the ball at his opponent. Therefore, I am suggesting that Papley should be rested against Port! Yes, it won't be a popular suggestion but we need to give him a chance to clam down, forget his frustrations and re-focus to play a better team-game. And we were too short against Dockers and lost too many contested marks. Bring in a tall defender. Send Dawson forward.
    What we're going through is no worse than most clubs and whole lot better than many. Not a chance on the planet that Paps will miss out - reckon he'll kick 3 this weekend.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I've never been one for gifting games however it may be the right time to play Gould. Yes, in front of his family but more importantly to give him the experience of an AFL game. The coaching staff could use this as a good reference point for him to improve his stamina and drive and what is required to play at the elite level.
    I'm with this line of thinking as well. No better time to let him loose.....

I dont follow the game/swans closely, more of an outsider looking it. I was interested to hear Horses interview comparing the last two games. We have so many inexperienced players all playing at once the consistency will suffer. To improve that situation you need players with experience/games under their belt. The best way we can reach that level is to play players. Not just for playing sake but accept that some of their games will be below standard. If Horse thinks they have potential and have shown the drive to be on the paddock do not drop them too soon. This may end up being a good year for us .... in the long term.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The full AFL injury list: Round 14 - Our injury list now has TEN listed as "SEASON" including Maibaum which says "The club announced last week that Maibaum's mother had passed away. He is back in Victoria and won't return this season." Really sorry for Maibaum. Very poor timing indeed. He has missed quite a few opportunities. With the threat to reduce the list size, perhaps we will never see his debut in Red and White.
    This is our season in a nutshell. 10 players being ruled out for the season is twice as many as any other club. Fremantle have 5, every other club has 4 or fewer.

The only other club with a worse problem with injuries is Norf (16 players injured). If the injured players in both clubs were magically healed or otherwise made available and fielded as a separate team, they would be a decent side in its own right.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Warming the Bench
    I don't doubt our players' effort but perhaps there have been too much distractions. Papley has been a barometer of our performance. However, after the attack from Clarko, the unfair fine for so call "staging" and the chorus from the the Vic commentators, death of his friend and then ET 's drama and his own goalless matches...,his performance against the Dockers was far from satisfactory. When asked by the press, Horse was quite critical of his bad behaviour of throwing the ball at his opponent. Therefore, I am suggesting that Papley should be rested against Port! Yes, it won't be a popular suggestion but we need to give him a chance to clam down, forget his frustrations and re-focus to play a better team-game. And we were too short against Dockers and lost too many contested marks. Bring in a tall defender. Send Dawson forward.
    It seems to me that since Papleys staging incident he now has a target on his back - the commentators keep mentioning it and the umpires are being harsh on him. Have others seen this or is it my imagination?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast