Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 14 Vs Port at Adelaide

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    This is our season in a nutshell. 10 players being ruled out for the season is twice as many as any other club. Fremantle have 5, every other club has 4 or fewer.

The only other club with a worse problem with injuries is Norf (16 players injured). If the injured players in both clubs were magically healed or otherwise made available and fielded as a separate team, they would be a decent side in its own right.
    Is that just bad luck or is that poor fitness regime and recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Is that just bad luck or is that poor fitness regime and recovery?
    Which ones on the list of ten do you think might be related to ‘poor fitness regime and recovery’?

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Which ones on the list of ten do you think might be related to ‘poor fitness regime and recovery’?
    Suspect Elijah Taylor’s girlfriend’s fitness regime might have something to do with ET being out.

Still wondering who is going to reduce impact of Chalie Dixon - 200cm and 107kg, with good hands and speed to the contest.

Marshall is a "test" and he stands at 198 cm.

If the above don't get you, Georgiades is 191 cm.

Still fail to see a decent match up for Gould.

Dane Rampe listed as187cm. Invariably players on opposition who are taller than him. So unless they give Gould a go, how are they going to know if he can match it with someone bigger than him.

Gould allegedly has a Rampe-like ability to play on talls and smalls. Although I think Charlie Dixon might be pushing it, he is quite a substantial unit for an 19 year old.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Dane Rampe listed as187cm. Invariably players on opposition who are taller than him. So unless they give Gould a go, how are they going to know if he can match it with someone bigger than him.
    They've given a lot of youngsters a go. There must be a performance related reason that Gould isn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    They've given a lot of youngsters a go. There must be a performance related reason that Gould isn't playing.
    It almost feels like they are teaching him a lesson.

I have the (baseless, entirely speculative) feeling that Manchild might have walked into the club having played SANFL against men, and read all the media saying he was ready for a round one start.

And that all of this is in some way a reaction to that. Almost like the club is determined to prove to him he has to earn his spot. More than they might with another player or in another position.

But that makes me hope that once he debuts he’s going to become a permanent fixture.

Weirdly I’m reminded of Mitchell who was racking up insane numbers in the NEAFL and still not getting a game. He was clearly good enough, BUT the club had a point to prove.

Veterans List
    That didn't end well!

I’m crossing my fingers that Manchild appreciates being held back, and is better for it.

I’m hoping he’s the next Rampe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    It seems to me that since Papleys staging incident he now has a target on his back - the commentators keep mentioning it and the umpires are being harsh on him. Have others seen this or is it my imagination?
    +1 I was thinking the same and couldn't believe Grimes/Vlaustin getting off their staging fines which looked far worse! In hindsight, we should've also appealed but this belongs in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    +1 I was thinking the same and couldn't believe Grimes/Vlaustin getting off their staging fines which looked far worse! In hindsight, we should've also appealed but this belongs in another thread.
    Apologies, but what follows certainly belongs in another thread! It seems that be the Swans' mantra at the moment: don't upset or challenge the AFL administration in any way. We don't challenge umpiring decisions, fines, suspensions. We even went so far to call the police and inform admin about the ET breach in WA. Makes me think that we might ask for some leniency in another area??? Ie Bud's contract being in the cap should he retire early.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast