Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 14 Vs Port at Adelaide

Regular in the Side

Changes for Round 14 Vs Port at Adelaide

I don't doubt our players' effort but perhaps there have been too much distractions. Papley has been a barometer of our performance. However, after the attack from Clarko, the unfair fine for so call "staging" and the chorus from the the Vic commentators, death of his friend and then ET 's drama and his own goalless matches...,his performance against the Dockers was far from satisfactory. When asked by the press, Horse was quite critical of his bad behaviour of throwing the ball at his opponent. Therefore, I am suggesting that Papley should be rested against Port! Yes, it won't be a popular suggestion but we need to give him a chance to clam down, forget his frustrations and re-focus to play a better team-game. And we were too short against Dockers and lost too many contested marks. Bring in a tall defender. Send Dawson forward.

Regular in the Side
    Just learnt from the Social Media that the black armband wore by our players Vs Dockers was for the death of Maibaum's Mum. Wonder if Maibaum will have to leave the Hub and will not be available for selection ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just learnt from the Social Media that the black armband wore by our players Vs Dockers was for the death of Maibaum's Mum. Wonder if Maibaum will have to leave the Hub and will not be available for selection ?
    That is very sad to hear. Our condolences to the Maibaum family. It's been a sad year for the club with also the passing of Naismith's sister & Papley's close mate amongst the back drop of this pandemic & it's associated restrictions.

Aliir for Foot would be my change.

Would like to see Gould get a run. Hard to know who he replaces as a like COR and Thurlow staying in the team.

Regular in the Side
    No mention of maibaums' mum on swans web page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I don't doubt our players' effort but perhaps there have been too much distractions. Papley has been a barometer of our performance. However, after the attack from Clarko, the unfair fine for so call "staging" and the chorus from the the Vic commentators, death of his friend and then ET 's drama and his own goalless matches...,his performance against the Dockers was far from satisfactory. When asked by the press, Horse was quite critical of his bad behaviour of throwing the ball at his opponent. Therefore, I am suggesting that Papley should be rested against Port! Yes, it won't be a popular suggestion but we need to give him a chance to clam down, forget his frustrations and re-focus to play a better team-game. And we were too short against Dockers and lost too many contested marks. Bring in a tall defender. Send Dawson forward.
    I agree with your views, however I would play him only as a forward against Port. I think moving him to midfield, etc unsettles Papley and the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Aliir for Foot would be my change.

Would like to see Gould get a run. Hard to know who he replaces as a like COR and Thurlow staying in the team.
    I would like to see Gould get a run. I think it is fair to say at this point there is some deficiency in his game or conditioning that is holding him back.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Here we go:

IN: more no free kicks for Hawthorn for a half; the screams of outrage are awesome

AA to be put forward, we really need a marking presence up there

Anyone who is on our list and is fit and who has not had a game: might as well give them a game

OUT: some of the younger players could not back up: Wicks may need a rest

Forwards being so easily been off the ball when it goes into the 50 arc. Really poor effort
    doof-doof

Foot and wicks out , AA and Gould in.

Mills to middle.

Papley to stay forward . Dawson forward. Parker or JPK to play more forward time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon one tall in for one small (probably Foot). I won't be surprised to see more changes than that.

Not a good enough reason to do it, but would be awesome to see Gould get his debut in front of his family.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Here we go:

IN: more no free kicks for Hawthorn for a half; the screams of outrage are awesome

AA to be put forward, we really need a marking presence up there

agreed but I don't think AA has the makings of a forward ATM, I think he would just get in the way. On a wing maybe?
    Then again, when he has played his best footy it has been in the back half. We need him to rediscover that form.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Seeing they are playing in Adelaide, it would be great if Gould could make his debut and have his family there.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Seeing they are playing in Adelaide, it would be great if Gould could make his debut and have his family there.
    it would be great, as long as he has earned his spot. From all the reporting, that doesn't seem to be the case. He wouldn't gain anything from playing poorly in front of a home crowd.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast