Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 15 against Melbourne in Cairns

Senior Player

Changes for Round 15 against Melbourne in Cairns

OUT: Bell, Melican, Sinclair
    IN: Stephens, Brand, McLean

Rest had, let's get games into Dylan. Bell looked off it today.

Lewis had the turning circle of an ocean liner today. Brand's height will be useful.

Callum is giving us nothing at ground level. Let's lean into Aliir in the ruck, McCartin back, McLean to play full forward, releasing Hayward to play up the ground more and Reid to relieve Aliir.

Regular in the Side
    I think Melican performed well and deserves to keep his position. He may be a little slow in turning ( as we saw Dixon played his tricks on him), his disposal efficiency was 100% and scored 12.4 AFL Player rating points, 7th highest on the field today and was the 3rd highest of the Swans(just behind Dawson and McCartin). I think the bottom five today were Hayward, Bell, McInerney, Florent and to a lesser extent Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    OUT: Bell, Melican, Sinclair
    IN: Stephens, Brand, McLean

Rest had, let's get games into Dylan. Bell looked off it today.

Lewis had the turning circle of an ocean liner today. Brand's height will be useful.

Callum is giving us nothing at ground level. Let's lean into Aliir in the ruck, McCartin back, McLean to play full forward, releasing Hayward to play up the ground more and Reid to relieve Aliir.
    Don't mind those changes. Although I'm still very keen to see Gould in. Horse was asked about his non-selection during his post-match presser and said he was close and we might see him play this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Don't mind those changes. Although I'm still very keen to see Gould in. Horse was asked about his non-selection during his post-match presser and said he was close and we might see him play this year.
    He seemed a bit guarded to me. Underwhelmed even.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He seemed a bit guarded to me. Underwhelmed even.
    I think he was making the point that he has to be taught how to play AFL footy. Gould played a few senior games last year, but the SANFL remains a big step down from the AFL.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

In: Stephens, Gould
    Out: Clarke, Bell

I have been wondering where the right place is to play Gould - replaces Bell as pressure forward/mid?

Gould might get a game soon, and the Melbourne forward are not as terrifying as recent weeks (IMHO), but not sure what rearrangement happens to bring him in as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have been wondering where the right place is to play Gould - replaces Bell as pressure forward/mid?

Gould might get a game soon, and the Melbourne forward are not as terrifying as recent weeks (IMHO), but not sure what rearrangement happens to bring him in as a defender.
    Given he only ever plays in the backline during trial games, that is a pretty risky move for his first game!

OUT: Bell, Clarke, Sinclair
    IN: Amartey, Gould, Ling

Mostly based on players I would like to see in the side. I don't have strong feelings about selection going into this part of the season, except that I would like to see players who we have not already decided to delist get a look in before the season runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Given he only ever plays in the backline during trial games, that is a pretty risky move for his first game!
    Barra you seem to have seen a lot of the trial games and have a bit of inside info. Has Gould been that bad? You haven't seemed to positive about him in a lot of your reports so I'm interested to hear how he's tracking.

He played well in the seniors in the SANFL last year and I know it's a level down, but it's still a strong league! Are they trying to turn him into something he's not, a lock down defender? I wanted us to draft him because I liked his run and kicking out of defence and I'm hoping Horse and Co. aren't stifling that because he can't shut down a player as well as they'd like!

I get that defender's need to be able to defend but there is also a case to have a strong attacking defender in your side as pretty much all the best sides have them!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Barra you seem to have seen a lot of the trial games and have a bit of inside info. Has Gould been that bad? You haven't seemed to positive about him in a lot of your reports so I'm interested to hear how he's tracking.

He played well in the seniors in the SANFL last year and I know it's a level down, but it's still a strong league! Are they trying to turn him into something he's not, a lock down defender? I wanted us to draft him because I liked his run and kicking out of defence and I'm hoping Horse and Co. aren't stifling that because he can't shut down a player as well as they'd like!

I get that defender's need to be able to defend but there is also a case to have a strong attacking defender in your side as pretty much all the best sides have them!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    I think he has been losing one on one contests too much. But given where the season is at they should give him a taste

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

Think we're guessing a fair bit for the next few weeks. With 5 day turnaround, I reckon there will be a fair bit of "managing " going on.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast