Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Round 15: Swans v Demons @ Cazaly's

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    How good is a win before the weekend?
    Yes! Thursday night win, sets you up nicely for the weekend.

Really enjoyed that one, similar feel to the GWS game, the youngsters coming together and playing well. Enjoyed that McLean tap for Taylor's goal. 7 score involvements for Taylor, by the way.

Nice to see so many young players have a breakout game, a solid game or even an unexpectedly-good game. Sometimes they just need a chance to shine, and the absence of so many more established players is helping with that.

Helps to be led by Kennedy and Parker at near-full capacity too.

Just hope we can continue to find the right combination of youth and experience next season, and get more consistent.

On the veteran's list
    6 of our 10 goals were scored by blokes not in the team a month ago.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Back on the criticism wagon again about Rowbottom I see. He may well just be getting tired too and his output has dropped a bit as a result - yes its a shortened season, but its a compressed one. Still only his second season and first full season in terms of close to playing every match.

Florent form has not been great in the second half of the season - not sure what is going on there.

They haven't been overtaken by anybody - simply having ups and downs in form like most young players do. Talk about an over-reaction - especially when one of the very best midfielders in the game over the past decade has come back in which has necessitated some shuffling. I'd suggest there is also a reasonable amount of 'trying new things' going on as well, to test players in different roles, and give players different exposure.

We have never been a team of hierachy in terms of where players play, so I can't see how anyone thinking rationally thinks its some form of demotion. Especially for Florent who has played plenty of outside mid football both at junior levels (i.e. an in and under bull is not his first home) and his AFL career so far.
    Strongly agree.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Just watched JL’s presser. Almost the happiest i have even him all year , cracked a smile at one point! Also mentioned the players were surprised at the support they had at the ground. A Few Dirty Swannies up in FNQ apparently !
    I was actually surprised that the supporters were allowed next to the race as the players were coming off the ground. There were high fives and fist pumps. Maybe the rules are different in Cairns?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was actually surprised that the supporters were allowed next to the race as the players were coming off the ground. There were high fives and fist pumps. Maybe the rules are different in Cairns?
    Cairns is far north they still haven’t heard of COVID

Coaches votes for the game.

9 Luke Parker (SYD)
    8 Jake Lloyd (SYD)
    4 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
    3 Ed Langdon (MELB)
    2 Nick Blakey (SYD)
    2 Justin McInerney (SYD)
    1 Max Gawn (MELB)
    1 Jordan Dawson (SYD)

I thought Clarke may have jagged a vote, but oh well, at least the 9 votes means that Parker has snuck on to the competition leaders board.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'm surprised Gawn only got the one vote. I thought his marking around the ground kept Melbourne in the game far longer than they should have been, and prevented Sydney piling on more of a score in the second quarter, when we were completely dominant otherwise. I also thought Langdon was our 23rd player. He got a lot of the ball, but was directly responsible for some awful turnovers and two of the four worst missed goal shots for the game (with Gawn and Papley responsible for the other two).

Veterans List
    When Langdon was on the market last trade period, poor disposal was a knock on him. Displayed it perfectly against us.

Very happy Campbell and Gulden are rated highly by foot

For the record, Ed Langdon, who now plays for Melbourne was formerly at Fremantle. He was never a target to my knowledge for the Swans.

On the other hand, Tom Langdon, his brother, who plays at Collingwood was a target a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'm surprised Gawn only got the one vote. I thought his marking around the ground kept Melbourne in the game far longer than they should have been, and prevented Sydney piling on more of a score in the second quarter, when we were completely dominant otherwise. I also thought Langdon was our 23rd player. He got a lot of the ball, but was directly responsible for some awful turnovers and two of the four worst missed goal shots for the game (with Gawn and Papley responsible for the other two).
    Maybe it had more to do with the Swans insisting on kicking the ball to whatever area he happened to be in. During the game, I was thinking that our players should have been given clear instructions that when kicking long, do 2 things:
    1. Find Max Gawn (It can't be that hard; he's the biggest guy on the ground).
    2. Kick it someplace else.

I may have been too caught up in the great games some of our guys were playing, but I definitely wouldn’t have given Gawn votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415