Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R16 Vs Blues at MS

Regular in the Side

Changes for R16 Vs Blues at MS

R16 is beginning today and we will have to play against the Blues on Tuesday night.

After the win on Thursday, it will justify that we go in with NO CHANGES. However, with the very short breaks to rest and recover as well as our wish to see some untried kids to help our list management, there is good reason to have a couple of changes.

1. Callum Sinclair will need to be assessed after he "wrenched" his knee in the dying stages. Does he need a rest? Should we manage him? If so, can we bring in Amartey ( or Knoll?) (BTW I don't like the suggestion to recruit Callum Coleman-Jones. We are not that desperate!) Another option is sending Aliir to ruck again and bring in Brand.

2. Callum Mills withdrew late with a minor calf strain. Will he come straight back so soon? IF he comes back, I hope he should go to Cripps and play mainly as a mid. I like the performance of McLean in the forward. So, perhaps Florent will be the "out" and be managed and rested after a few weeks of relatively quiet performance.

3. Will Gould finally get a chance to see if he has improved enough to get a place at AFL level? Not sure if there has been any practice match at Cairns, so don't know how he can justify his elevation from "Emergency" to the 22.

A lot of good suggestions there! It will probably come down to who recovers well from Thursday night's game and who does not. I'm very keen to see Guild make his debut. I saw him in the rooms after the last game with Stephens watching the boys enjoy their win. That's a big part of our future there with those two, so let's hope we both in the senior team soon.

Carlton are again a team with 3 tall forwards - McKay at 204cm, Casboult at 201 and Mc Govern at 191.

Allir will be needed down back (with McCartin) so if Sinclair is not right then I predict a newbie.

Once again I don't see Gould being an option for their talls, or to counter their smalls - Betts and Fisher/Dow/Walsh/Martin

I thought Robbie Fox has been playing as a very undersized tall defender?

But you are probably right about AA staying back. It would be good to finally see Amartey or Knoll get a run.

As for the absent Gould, maybe they’ll think this game is the most winnable so be reluctant to play him.

Still hope he gets a game this year

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    R16 is beginning today and we will have to play against the Blues on Tuesday night.

After the win on Thursday, it will justify that we go in with NO CHANGES. However, with the very short breaks to rest and recover as well as our wish to see some untried kids to help our list management, there is good reason to have a couple of changes.

1. Callum Sinclair will need to be assessed after he "wrenched" his knee in the dying stages. Does he need a rest? Should we manage him? If so, can we bring in Amartey ( or Knoll?) (BTW I don't like the suggestion to recruit Callum Coleman-Jones. We are not that desperate!) Another option is sending Aliir to ruck again and bring in Brand.

2. Callum Mills withdrew late with a minor calf strain. Will he come straight back so soon? IF he comes back, I hope he should go to Cripps and play mainly as a mid. I like the performance of McLean in the forward. So, perhaps Florent will be the "out" and be managed and rested after a few weeks of relatively quiet performance.

3. Will Gould finally get a chance to see if he has improved enough to get a place at AFL level? Not sure if there has been any practice match at Cairns, so don't know how he can justify his elevation from "Emergency" to the 22.
    Agree with all this 100%. McLean deserves to stay and McCartain looking great in defence. So it looks like a mid will have to make way for Mills. On current form, that would be Ollie.

If Sinclair is an out, great opportunity to have a look at either Amartey or Knoll, whichever is most ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Re Gould, would've debuted earlier if not for the massive improvement of Fox, who is playing the role that Gould would have.

Regular in the Side
    Swans Twitter Account just posted some photos re "3 Clubs. 2 teams. 1 match scrimmage. Welcome to footy in 2020. “Red vs Purple” today in hot conditions in Cairns as we combined with Melbourne & Fremantle for a hub hit out" today. The " Purple Team" won. From the photos, Amartey, Knoll, Gould and Brand all played for the "Red Team". Not sure how many minutes they played. But wonder if these 3 will play again on Tuesday so soon. Will it be the first time this year that we go again with NO CHANGES?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Swans Twitter Account just posted some photos re "3 Clubs. 2 teams. 1 match scrimmage. Welcome to footy in 2020. “Red vs Purple” today in hot conditions in Cairns as we combined with Melbourne & Fremantle for a hub hit out" today. The " Purple Team" won. From the photos, Amartey, Knoll, Gould and Brand all played for the "Red Team". Not sure how many minutes they played. But wonder if these 3 will play again on Tuesday so soon. Will it be the first time this year that we go again with NO CHANGES?
    Ta. There's more pics on Instagram. Looks like it was essentially Swans v Dockers, with the Demons players being divided between the two. Hopefully Laidler will soon share his thoughts, on the Swans site.

Suspended by the MRP
    Our best chance yet to leap-frog Freo (playing Dees who will no doubt respond to last week's shocker) and GCS (who are playing Brisbane at the Gabba)

That would be the best endorsement yet of our rebuild to overtake those two that have been rebuilding a few years longer than us !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Carlton are again a team with 3 tall forwards - McKay at 204cm, Casboult at 201 and Mc Govern at 191.

Allir will be needed down back (with McCartin) so if Sinclair is not right then I predict a newbie.

Once again I don't see Gould being an option for their talls, or to counter their smalls - Betts and Fisher/Dow/Walsh/Martin
    Three talls who have done buggerall recently!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Agree with all this 100%. McLean deserves to stay and McCartain looking great in defence. So it looks like a mid will have to make way for Mills. On current form, that would be Ollie.

If Sinclair is an out, great opportunity to have a look at either Amartey or Knoll, whichever is most ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Re Gould, would've debuted earlier if not for the massive improvement of Fox, who is playing the role that Gould would have.
    I note both Amartey and Knoll played the scratch match (according to the photos). Perhaps it was so short that one of them could back up on Tuesday, but that seems unlikely.

Changes for R16 Vs Blues at MS

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I note both Amartey and Knoll played the scratch match (according to the photos). Perhaps it was so short that one of them could back up on Tuesday, but that seems unlikely.
    Why would playing the scrimmage rule them out though ? Its not a match length seconds game. It’s a glorified, shortened match simulation with outside participants. It’s essentially their training run to put their hand up for selection.

* I’m assuming it’s shortened but based on the term “scrimmage” I would say it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be no change IMO. Can't see who would come into the side.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast