Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin McInerney

Senior Player

Justin McInerney

Rising Star nominee!

Performance showed class and poise - pretty exciting.

Justin time: Speedy Swan's big impact earns Rising Star nod - Justin time: Speedy Swan's big impact earns Rising Star nod

Great call by Nico:

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Macca might get the Rising Star this week.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Rising Star nominee!

Performance showed class and poise - pretty exciting.

Justin time: Speedy Swan's big impact earns Rising Star nod - Justin time: Speedy Swan's big impact earns Rising Star nod

Great call by Nico:
    Nice, skillful and speed, good tools to start with.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well deserved, it was a very good game from J MAC ! Hope he gets some confidence out of that and finishes off the year well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well done. Still in awe of the pulled kick to Parker in the pocket.

Great result and well deserved. I may be wrong but he is our first nominee for 2020 despite all of the newbies this year?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Correct first Swan nominated this year and the first Swan since Blakey Round 14 last year

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The AFL may want to pay more attention to details in the videos. The title screen said McInerney was the Round 12 nominee. It was round 15.

Well done to McInerney to earn a nomination. So many players get a start across the competition each year, relatively few get nominated.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

First Goal Ever: Special start to Pendlebury and Buckley connection | 2006 | AFL - YouTube

first time i saw Justin train I thought he had time with the footy
    I liked what i saw

he reminded me of the first time I watched Pendles play for the pies 2006ish

massive trajectory to maintain a development pathway of Scott Pendlebury but there are similar skills and body language
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Well done. Still in awe of the pulled kick to Parker in the pocket.
    That really was a thing of great beauty.

I like how he is developing and his rising star nomination was thoroughly deserved after a breakout performance on Thursday.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just have to record my 6 year old son's nickname for McInerney: "the Nut". Or, more fully, "the good, old Nut". Made me laugh. He derived it because he thought McInerney sounds like macadamia. I hope I'll be hearing more of it for a long time to come.

He also came up with The Plank for Blakey. If he didn't already have The Lizard, I reckon that's a banger too.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Just have to record my 6 year old son's nickname for McInerney: "the Nut". Or, more fully, "the good, old Nut". Made me laugh. He derived it because he thought McInerney sounds like macadamia. I hope I'll be hearing more of it for a long time to come.

He also came up with The Plank for Blakey. If he didn't already have The Lizard, I reckon that's a banger too.
    Love it. Henceforth, the Nut!

Veterans List
    McInerney has just destroyed a few RWO reputations. You should follow the old adage: don't judge a player on his first 2 seasons, particularly if they have only a few games under the belt. They can come good overnight once they pick up the pace of the game and work out where to run. Justin is a 2020 bonus.

My famous blooper was Kieran Jack after he played a pre-season game at Telstra Dome when he was falling over his feet and kicking grubbers. Liz put up the case against my opinion and guess who was right. Dangerous to go the early crow.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast