Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin McInerney

Regular in the Side
    I went out on a limb and called McInerney a star in the making after his first game. Posted on RWO.

Gee he has come on well the last half a dozen weeks. I liked what he did in ressies last year, and was really glad to see him getting a decent run at it in seniors this year, but never imagined he would so quickly show the real inkling of quality he has. He is going to be a lot of fun to watch in coming years, alongside the other cygnets coming through.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

There’s a bit of X factor there , along with Stephens they should fill both wing positions for a lot of years . Both need some quality time in the gym now to gain some core strength

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    That game a few weeks back when he kicked 2 goals was the making of him. He clearly started believing (correctly) that he belonged, and from that moment began playing with a sense of authority and confidence to match. He is the diamond in the rough from this season - a real unexpected bonus. I think we've got a potentially seriously good player here.
    A couple of lesser diamonds - Clarke and Thurlow. Both also exceeded expectations and showed a bit, but McInerney is the one who has really broken out.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    He looks a special talent. Appears to have it all. Pace to burn and is learning quickly not to stuff around with the footy. Going to wing has made him as he has used his pace to find space, and big space. I love that he is not afraid to back himself when going for goal. The structure of our side is quickly taking shape.

Old mate Ludwig was very bullish about him when he was drafted along with Rowbottom. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we "use" the new rules along with West Coast to maneuver to get these two boys. Inspired drafting.
    Last edited by Nico; 20th September 2020 at 09:58 PM.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I was thinking that if Paps was to move on, our team, with the exception of Bud, would be a very dour one indeed, Rampe and Heeney being the only others you could call bright lights, or able to inspire when the going gets tough. So it is so good to see that McInerney and possibly Stephens are also going to add spark as well as skill to our games. We don't have a clear picture yet of what Blakey's has to offer. He has X factor potential but we haven't seen much of it yet. Thankfully Paps is staying and is not going to be alone in the excitement stakes. I wonder if it would be possible to make Aliir into a forward?

Veterans List
    Allir looks to be a real swing man for 2021. These players are very valuable and I don't know that there are too many around.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Allir looks to be a real swing man for 2021. These players are very valuable and I don't know that there are too many around.
    Really like Aliir's game today as the second ruck/forward; offers run in midfield and a target up front. Just needs to clunk a couple more up there.

Regular in the Side
    Hope that McInerney gets a Rising Star Nomination this Round! He possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hope that McInerney gets a Rising Star Nomination this Round! He possibly can.
    He already received one several rounds earlier. But hope that Stephens will get nomination this round

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Go The Nut! The good old Nut! What a ripper!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sahi View Post
    He already received one several rounds earlier. But hope that Stephens will get nomination this round

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Big game from Stephens. Still adjusting to the pace of the game but will gain tremendous confidence from doing well against one of the league heavyweights.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast