Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin McInerney

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Big game from Stephens. Still adjusting to the pace of the game but will gain tremendous confidence from doing well against one of the league heavyweights.
    Ran hard to put himself to receive a handball or short kick - he is ambitious and wants the ball. Undeterred by mistakes. Great signs.

Has definitely taken his game to another level this year. Was a shame there was a period where he wasn't picked - IMO he was very stiff.

Hopefully he continues this form into next year and locks in a wing spot for the whole year.

Senior Player
    Absolutely. He wasn't selected for rounds 6 through to 13. Made not a skerrick of sense.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Who knows? Maybe it was to get an outcome, and he has looked far more advanced and composed and smart as a footballer since.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    I think it makes plenty of sense when you reflect on his performances before he got dropped and after he was selected again.

Some players benefit by being able to implement what the coaches are trying to teach them at a slower pace first.

Just about everything about McInerneys game improved when he returned.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Who knows? Maybe it was to get an outcome, and he has looked far more advanced and composed and smart as a footballer since.
    +1

Regular in the Side
    Just read Adelaide’s left-field trade target, who deserves a pay rise and the big positional change for 2021 when Tim Watson suggested a left field target for Adelaide as below :

"...Justin McInerney. Exactly the type of player that the Crows need. A guy that can play on a wing, can run, he’s got great speed, he kicks the ball really well, he’s a really smart player. That’s the player I’d be targeting." Well, Watson should have checked the fact that McInerney has penned fresh two-year deals last year that will keep him tied to the Swans until the end of 2022!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just read Adelaide’s left-field trade target, who deserves a pay rise and the big positional change for 2021 when Tim Watson suggested a left field target for Adelaide as below :

"...Justin McInerney. Exactly the type of player that the Crows need. A guy that can play on a wing, can run, he’s got great speed, he kicks the ball really well, he’s a really smart player. That’s the player I’d be targeting." Well, Watson should have checked the fact that McInerney has penned fresh two-year deals last year that will keep him tied to the Swans until the end of 2022!
    As I said on another thread, mindless nonsense from another clueless footy journo.

I think we should take it as a compliment. He's the "type of player" they need rather than the actual player. Some pretty insane numbers being bandied about for Zac Williams who is more of the finished article

Yes great that he is under contract for 2 more seasons along with Rowbottom!

Senior Player

Wtaf. 1+1=🍏

Veterans List
    Watson says some dumb things. Surprised he didn't say he was going to the Injectors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast