Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: Blues v Swans @ Metricon

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen Baz and good old Matt in the same room?
    And this is relevant to the blues/swans game, how ?

The merry band of losers and again derailing a thread on some stupid vendetta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I can't believe anyone is picking on ANZ Stadium. Lewis Jetta, 90M run, 3 bounces, goal, on the way to snapping a 700 game losing
    streak against Collingwood in a prelim on the way to the 2012 flag. Who can @@@@ing touch that? Besides, I've seen a number of
    pretty good concerts there too.
    Crazy isnt it. Some people just have an oversupply of negative energy which they expell by banging the keys on a keyboard... hard!
    Although I dont find it a great venue for concerts. Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You may call my forced replies to your dip@@@@ posts a "vendetta", but its just call it "calling out personal abuse as soon as it happens". This is a footy forum, not some reality tv show.

To walk you through the events one last time:

Me: Footy related: "that is the biggest choke in recent history" (completely factual, because we havent given up a 7 goal lead since Jesus was a boy), not directed at anyone
    You: Name calling, personal abuse: "You're persistent Barry, I'll give you that.....but aren't all trolls? Give it a rest...".

You drag it down to your personal vendetta almost every month. You could set a clock by it.

Own it, and fix it.
    I generally agree with pretty much nothing you say Barry, but in this case you are correct. The personal abuse is not on and unnecessary.

I have also found firsthand that when steveoswan doesn't agree with you, he retorts to personal abuse.

Me: Footy related: "that is the biggest choke in recent history" (completely factual, because we havent given up a 7 goal lead since Jesus was a boy), not directed at anyone
    Unless there was a second coming, factually inaccurate, as we (the SWANS we) gave up a 48 point lead in 1994, round 7, when the Saints & Plugger ripped us (& Cavo) a new one

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Unless there was a second coming, factually inaccurate, as we (the SWANS we) gave up a 48 point lead in 1994, round 7, when the Saints & Plugger ripped us (& Cavo) a new one
    ... and if history is really going to recreated, then Carlton's best player (Cripps, right?) will join us next year and we'll be in the 2022 GF
    and losing to North Melbourne. Hard to see that happening.
    I think to be honest we were probably a little lucky to be 39 points up. We weren't that much better than them at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Fair enough, I only joined RWO in 2003.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I generally agree with pretty much nothing you say Barry, but in this case you are correct. The personal abuse is not on and unnecessary.

I have also found firsthand that when steveoswan doesn't agree with you, he retorts to personal abuse.
    Now, now.....speaking of vendettas (and inaccuracies).

- - - Updated - - -

You may call my forced replies to your dip@@@@ posts a "vendetta", but its just call it "calling out personal abuse as soon as it happens". This is a footy forum, not some reality tv show.

To walk you through the events one last time:

You: Name calling, personal abuse: "You're persistent Barry, I'll give you that.....but aren't all trolls? Give it a rest...".

You drag it down to your personal vendetta almost every month. You could set a clock by it.

Own it, and fix it.
    Wow...as I said before, self awareness is a wonderful thing. You keep telling yourself your a victim Barry.....it's sad.

Round 16: Blues v Swans @ Metricon

... and if history is really going to recreated, then Carlton's best player (Cripps, right?) will join us next year and we'll be in the 2022 GF
    I think to be honest we were probably a little lucky to be 39 points up. We weren't that much better than them at that point.
    I thought the same. We were playing fairly well no question, but Carlton were horrible in the first qtr and a bit. If we had played like that against a top team in form, we’d probably be even or down a little bit in that period at best, if not down a few goals still .

Not trying to be negative, it’s just what I think the reality of it was. Playing a good period footy against a rabble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Now, now.....speaking of vendettas (and inaccuracies).

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...as I said before, self awareness is a wonderful thing. You keep telling yourself your a victim Barry.....it's sad.
    Will never get it apparently

Veterans List
    No, not lucky at all, we clearly out played them to be 39 points up. The opposition is only as good as you let them. We played some really good footy, unfortunately we couldn't keep it up. Papley missed one on the run and both Blakey and Hayward (again) butchered red hot chances running in. One of those go through we win. I thought we were pretty gutsy right to the end.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No, not lucky at all, we clearly out played them to be 39 points up. The opposition is only as good as you let them. We played some really good footy, unfortunately we couldn't keep it up. Papley missed one on the run and both Blakey and Hayward (again) butchered red hot chances running in. One of those go through we win. I thought we were pretty gutsy right to the end.
    That Blakey miss was brutal, but rather he'd learn now.

Veterans List
    Hayward's average stats for the past 6 weeks.

Possessions 10, tackles less that 2, 3 goals over 6 games. Not good enough and not pulling his weight. Never had a break out game that I can recall.

Thoughts.

Senior Player
    Agree with you re the 39 points being a little unrepresentative of the play. John noted in the presser that it was due to superior efficiency (rather than run of the play). They'd missed a couple of reasonably easy chances by that stage.

We lifted the foot a bit at that stage and they kicked a couple of good ones. But as has been litigated on here, they got right on top of us in the ruck and Aliir moving to the middle made us a little more vulnerable at the back.