Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: the other games. Are we there yet?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I noticed that. Though they usually don't suspend people for that. It seems to be more a source of amusement, for the ex-players that make up most commentary teams.
    Enjoyable game to watch, though.
    Not so amusing for Gawn though. Pretty weak effort

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Not so amusing for Gawn though. Pretty weak effort
    And he did seem to focus on where he was going to hit. Which was the back of the head, rather than the ball.

Only just started watching properly but based on scores alone, match of the round ? Must be a head @@@@ for supporters of these two sides, wait until the dead last chance to show something when you’ve had several winnable games recently to cement your spot in the finals. The insipid cup turns into a cracking match! 2020, full of surprises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Melbourne win, screw the Giants. Dees supporters need a lift.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I hope Melbourne win, screw the Giants. Dees supporters need a lift.

Giants showed very little heart considering what was at stake. Choking at wrong time of season.

Only just started watching properly but based on scores alone, match of the round ? Must be a head @@@@ for supporters of these two sides, wait until the dead last chance to show something when you’ve had several winnable games recently to cement your spot in the finals. The insipid cup turns into a cracking match! 2020, full of surprises

Very good, closely fought game. They showed a few stats towards the end of the third quarter, when scores were level. The clearances were also level at 19 all, and metres gained, were something like 12,564 to 12,565.
    Glad the Demons won, though. The Giants will now find it very difficult to make the eight. They need to beat the Saints by over 50 points, to get above them on percentage and then they would still need other results to go their way.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants showed very little heart considering what was at stake. Choking at wrong time of season.
    Melbourne were certainly running harder in the closing stages.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Very good, closely fought game. They showed a few stats towards the end of the third quarter, when scores were level. The clearances were also level at 19 all, and metres gained, were something like 12,564 to 12,565.
    Glad the Demons won, though. The Giants will now find it very difficult to make the eight. They need to beat the Saints by over 50 points, to get above them on percentage and then they would still need other results to go their way.

- - - Updated - - -

Melbourne were certainly running harder in the closing stages.
    Giants are history re finals I reckon. Cameron has been lamentable this year. Even Toby Green who is normally a gun has struggled.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants are history re finals I reckon. Cameron has been lamentable this year. Even Toby Green who is normally a gun has struggled.
    Talking about Jeremy not Leon.

Shaw and Teague will be the last caretakers to get a full time coaching gig for a while you would think. Not exactly selling it...

Shaw’s media performances are woeful.

Veterans List
    Quick, quick, re-sign the coach!

GWS probably should have a couple of flags by now given the extreme talent they had on their list. Remember when their NEAFL side was half composed of first rounders! It seems to be less talent laden now and for the first time since their inception, they are not taking multiple first rounders to the draft and a number of key players are approaching the end.

A number of high profile players are in terrible form and they seem to lack any system. We can only hope that what we've seen this year indicates their peak has passed!

- - - Updated - - -

Shaw’s media performances are woeful.
    He is a man under immense pressure with an ordinary list. They need to nail the two first rounders they hold

Veterans List
    The Injectors are a basket case. They need to bring back Jimmy to fix the mess he created. They look like cellar dwellers for a long time.

By the way. Was Joe tanking yesterday or is he just over rated. Yes, you can cut him a lot of slack given his time out of the game, but I hope we have already employed the 40 foot barge pole. He was poor and he loves an out on the full. I sincerely hope he is very, very happy back in bummer land.

The Crows are killing the Blues. Nicksy has finally got his team going!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast