Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: the other games. Are we there yet?

Makes it upsetting we didnt beat Carlton last week. Still bizarre to me how we coughed up such a lead. I think we may of been tired with all the short turn arounds.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Hawks officially tanking.
    Looks so, and I thought the Cheaters were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Makes it upsetting we didnt beat Carlton last week. Still bizarre to me how we coughed up such a lead. I think we may of been tired with all the short turn arounds.
    I think this is a super important factor in understanding results this year. It's not as simple as extra day wins but I'm sure it is a factor.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    I think this is a super important factor in understanding results this year. It's not as simple as extra day wins but I'm sure it is a factor.
    And we have an additional day's rest to Brisbane today.

Bulldogs making a mess of the Hawks puts another nail in the Giants' coffin.

Veterans List
    After we beat Melbourne it looked like they were finished for the season. Now they are in the 8 thanks to GWS. The bottom part of the 8 are just making up the numbers.

Makes me smile when Hawthorn are s#!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    Commentators gushing over Cripps again after imo he ran too far and kicked a goal from about 50. Headlined as GOTY material - really? Classier efforts in the under 12s I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed - it was a good goal, but he run a fair way in the middle of it and I didn't think it was amazingly brilliant. Surely the GWS goal from the other night is far far in front of it.

But as always - the media have their love children that they feel compelled to crow over at every opportunity.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Surely the GWS goal from the other night is far far in front of it.
    Is that the Brent Daniels one where it turn almost 90 degrees as it bounced along?. GOTY I'd say.

Interest dynamic at GWS over the last week. 2 assistant coaches sacked, then big turnover at selection. Must have been a big internal blowup. We will see if it has ramifications at trade time.

Everyone is lamenting their midfield and forward line, but they are a bit like us, in that they have a crap ruck division. Mummy is past it, and Jacobs is,... well, past it too.

Also when lachie Keefe is your key defender, times are tough.

Put a line through 2020 for them.

Senior Player
    Who'd have thought Giants v Melbourne would be game of the round. Not sure what I enjoyed more, the outrageous Daniels goal or the cut to Simon Goodwin on the Gawn turnover.

Watching my first NFL game of the new season. I think they're overdoing the fake crowd noise. The commentators are struggling to be heard, over a crowd that isn't there.

Regular in the Side
    Interesting comment re NRL. I think the AFL matches are becoming like Rugby League. Just get the ball and push through , dont worry about handballing just throw it. Throwing is back to the Dogs 2016 year,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast