B: R.Fox, L.Melican, H.Cunningham
    HB: J.Lloyd, A.Aliir, C.Mills
    C: J.Thurlow, L.Parker, O.Florent
    HF: J.Bell, S.Reid, W.Hayward
    F: S.Wicks, T.McCartin, T.Papley
    FOLL: J.Amartey, J.Kennedy, N.Blakey
    I/C: J.McInerney, D.Stephens, L.Taylor, R.Clarke
    EMG: C.Sinclair, J.Rowbottom, Z.Foot, C.O‘Riordan

On Amartey debut, Longmire said" “It's great to have him in the team, he has been working on his game for a couple of years now and this year he has come to another level," "He's an athlete and gets after it really well at ground level which is important especially against Brisbane. He has great speed for a big guy so it's terrific to have him in the team."

Personally, I would have selected O'Riordan over Bell as the IN.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    B: R.Fox, L.Melican, H.Cunningham
    HB: J.Lloyd, A.Aliir, C.Mills
    C: J.Thurlow, L.Parker, O.Florent
    HF: J.Bell, S.Reid, W.Hayward
    F: S.Wicks, T.McCartin, T.Papley
    FOLL: J.Amartey, J.Kennedy, N.Blakey
    I/C: J.McInerney, D.Stephens, L.Taylor, R.Clarke
    EMG: C.Sinclair, J.Rowbottom, Z.Foot, C.O‘Riordan

On Amartey debut, Longmire said" “It's great to have him in the team, he has been working on his game for a couple of years now and this year he has come to another level," "He's an athlete and gets after it really well at ground level which is important especially against Brisbane. He has great speed for a big guy so it's terrific to have him in the team."

Personally, I would have selected O'Riordan over Bell as the IN.
    Re O'Riordan: why? It doesn't look like we're short back.

Interested to see that McCartin is named up forward. He has been starring down back. Will he really play forward?

Good luck to Armetey on his debut!

Regular in the Side
    If O'Riordan is in, perhaps Mills can play mid field a little more. And I like O'Rio's effort and deserve a chance to consolidate his place in the team.

Regular in the Side
    With both Sinclair and McLean out, McCartin may have to play in the forward. At least he and Aliir may have to go forward at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Interested to see that McCartin is named up forward. He has been starring down back. Will he really play forward?

I guess with McLean and Sinclair out it’s a balance thing, assuming they line up as per the named team. Mccartin still a much better forward than any other option we have left.

I agree though he’s been stellar down back and would prefer he got a solid run in one position ( something rarely afforded to some of our players )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post

McCartin was named forward the previous two weeks (and then played back).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    If O'Riordan is in, perhaps Mills can play mid field a little more. And I like O'Rio's effort and deserve a chance to consolidate his place in the team.
    Mills and O'Riordan played different roles back.

With McLean and Sinkers going out, and just Amartey in, someone has to move from back to forward. They could play AA in the ruck and let Amartey pinch hit or McCartin forward with Amartey as #1 ruck. Either way its likely they'll play Mills back.

Senior Player
    Nice interview with Amartey on the official site. Laconic guy. It'll be him and Aliir, with him resting forward. Maybe he's effectively in for McLean and Mills in to take the position Aliir was selected in last week.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Nice interview with Amartey on the official site. Laconic guy. It'll be him and Aliir, with him resting forward. Maybe he's effectively in for McLean and Mills in to take the position Aliir was selected in last week.
    The ranks are thin.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The ranks are thin.
    Aye.

Although just noticed Oscar McInerney is rucking for Brisbane at the moment, and has been carrying that load for a while, with hitout numbers steadily dropping. Last week, against Witts, last week he had 6 possessions and hitouts (Witts had 32).

Our guys should be more agile at ground level and get around the ground more, which would be a rare advantage for us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast