Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R17 Vs Lions @ CAZALY on Sunday

Regular in the Side

Changes for R17 Vs Lions @ CAZALY on Sunday

With just two games left for this season and their results would not affect our low ladder position much, most RWOers have already turned their focus to the Team List next season. With very little information about our players who were not playing against the Blues, it is difficult to comment on what changes we should have. But we "know" it shouldn't be "NO CHANGE" as last week. Sinclair was definitely below his average standard and looked spent and tired. After a few knocks to his slim shoulder, Blakey was hurt and sore and only stayed on the field for 59% of time. With the very short break, there are definitely a few more need a rest. We need some fresh legs! I guess the following changes are reasonable:

Out: Sinclair, Blakey and (Clarke or McLean)
    In: Amartey, Stephens, and (Mills or Gould) Aliir to play mainly in the ruck

Who doesn’t like to speculate a little?

Agree about Sinkers and Blakey out. Think the Clarke experiment might be over after his opponent (Walsh) being BOG.

(Btw Sam Walsh”s 202cm brother Henry is supposedly one of the best ruck prospects in this years draft)

Out: Sinkers, Blakey, Clarke, Thurlow, McLean
    In: Knoll, Mills, Stephens, Gould, Amartey

Is Blakey injured? If not he surely stays.

I would play Reid in the ruck. He goes pretty well there.

In: Stephens, Mills (midfield)
    Out: Taylor, Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

I wouldn’t drop Taylor, he’s good for a goal a game and with the amount of goals we kick, we need every one we can get !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

He looked pretty busted up by the end of the Carlton game.

Regular in the Side
    Just heard Longmire's press conference ( https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video...=1599816107001), it looks like there may be a couple of late changes but Blakey seems to be OK to play and it sounds unlikely that he will bring in any new debut :-( In fact, it is a little disappointing. It is highly unlikely that we can win these final two games and enjoy some excitement and satisfaction. Since this is our Member Thank You Round, can we get some reward from the Team Selection? New Debuts can always bring anticipation, expectation, thrill, good will and definitely excitement! Well, a few more hours for us to dream ...

Senior Player
    Always nice to see a debutant but these remaining games look pretty tough. I'd rather see debutants come into the side for 'winnable' games. i don't see a lot of value in bringing in Gould at this late stage. It's possible we could pinch one of these games but on paper it appears unlikely.

Lewis Taylor was far from our worst last week, I reckon he'll stay. A number of our game game players were off, down on form or playing injured. I'd like to see a straight positional swap between Papley and Kennedy. Joey is smart, a good overhead mark, accurate shot for goal and strong with and without the ball. Papley isn't getting his hands on the ball atm. An extended run in the midfield is what's needed. I don't reckon he's played well since the Hawthorn game.

Although it was a loss, Sam Reid's 6 goal haul against Collingwood last year was superb. He's not able to produce anything like that at present. Is ruck the answer? If we had another tall to go forward and help out McLean, perhaps.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Amartey to debut !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Amartey to lead the ruck, Dylan Stephens, James Bell and Callum Mills all return to the side while James Rowbottom (managed), Callum Sinclair (managed), Hayden McLean (calf) and Jordan Dawson (concussion)

Warming the Bench
    Great news about Amartey, particularly with Sinclair out. Great chance coming in as our only ruck as opposed to second ruck/forward. Can't wait to see what he can bring, hopefully enough to get another year

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    The prayer is answered. Go Amartey! Dawson and Rowbottom are BIG outs.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Great news about Amartey, particularly with Sinclair out. Great chance coming in as our only ruck as opposed to second ruck/forward. Can't wait to see what he can bring, hopefully enough to get another year

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk
    +1! John was very complimentary in the team selection video.

Noted Rowbottom is banged up, which might explain his performance in the last couple of weeks. Dawson has a head knock, but should be ok.

We'll be a lot quicker this week. Mills a big in. Looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast