Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Naismith

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran Site Admin

Sam Naismith

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/swa...11-p55ut4.html

This is quite remarkable - possibly reckless too, but certainly remarkable. Sam played that Crows game in round 1 knowing he'd already damaged his ACL again, but determined to run out so he could play in honour of his sister. It's made even more remarkable by the fact he didn't just play, but played very well indeed.

And while RWO (or some on RWO) might have written his career off, he's clearly not thinking that way.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

This is quite remarkable - possibly reckless too, but certainly remarkable. Sam played that Crows game in round 1 knowing he'd already damaged his ACL again, but determined to run out so he could play in honour of his sister. It's made even more remarkable by the fact he didn't just play, but played very well indeed.

And while RWO (or some on RWO) might have written his career off, he's clearly not thinking that way.
    Special character

Senior Player

I think the article is suggesting it was the round 2 game, after the COVID break.

But yes, pretty amazing. Seems the club has forgiven him (although no quotes from John).

I like Sam - he's an impressive guy. He'd be a great ruckman, and he's clearly keen to get back. Happy for him to stay on the list. We certainly need proper insurance though.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I think the article is suggesting it was the round 2 game, after the COVID break.

But yes, pretty amazing. Seems the club has forgiven him (although no quotes from John).

I like Sam - he's an impressive guy. He'd be a great ruckman, and he's clearly keen to get back. Happy for him to stay on the list. We certainly need proper insurance though.
    You're right. Evidence that my memory is failing me. I thought he'd only played in the round 1 game, and re-injured his knee during (or before) that game.

So no, his round 1 game no longer quite so remarkable (but still very effective), but my faulty memory doesn't completely detract from an amazing story, nonetheless.

Senior Player
    You're right. Evidence that my memory is failing me. I thought he'd only played in the round 1 game, and re-injured his knee during (or before) that game.

So no, his round 1 game no longer quite so remarkable (but still very effective), but my faulty memory doesn't completely detract from an amazing story, nonetheless.
    Doesn't detract at all, liz - good to see you back posting.

Wow, that’s amazing determination to honour his sister. I take my hat off to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Interesting they said he was eyeing off round 1 next year, fingers crossed that's the case

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

I like the Crayfish, seems like a really nice guy and a positive influence on the playing group. When he gets on the park, he's more than handy. But he is getting to that point where age and his many injuries are unlikely to get better. A bit like Ben (and Sam) Reid.
    Can we delist then redraft as a rookie?

Regular in the Side
    agree delist and rookie him, we cant afford a person who has knee problems to be on our prime list'

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    agree delist and rookie him, we cant afford a person who has knee problems to be on our prime list'
    If we delist, I bet another team picks him up. Eg. The Giants.

Delist and rookie is fine but doesn't solve our ruck problem if he keeps breaking down.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Delist and rookie is fine but doesn't solve our ruck problem if he keeps breaking down.
    But it’s a Swans tradition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast