Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. Get out your calculators.

Hawthorn thrashing the sun's. Look like we could finish 16th

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I’ve thought that since their inception that GWS are a vastly different side with Davis out. He’s criminally underrated imo.

I don’t have their W/L ratio with him in or out but I’d put a wager on it being more effected by him than any other player on their list.
    When Davis has played: 77 wins, 78 losses, 3 draws. Though it took them a few seasons to get going. When he isn't in the team, not sure.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    When Davis has played: 77 wins, 78 losses, 3 draws. Though it took them a few seasons to get going. When he isn't in the team, not sure.
    The most underrated players in GWS side are Davis and De Boer. I think both of them in the team makes them win more often than not.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    The most underrated players in GWS side are Davis and De Boer. I think both of them in the team makes them win more often than not.
    Concerning for the Giants. Apart from Toby Greene, big names go missing too often. Given a dream run into the AFL has made them too soft.

Veterans List
    I feel dirty for saying this - GO HAWKS!

Starting to wonder if the Suns have already held their Mad Monday? Pathetic performance from what I've seen. And unless they wake up, it means that we'll finish with pick up 3, as Hawthorn are already well clear of us on the live ladder. Though of course, if we have a shock victory over the Cats, we then end up with pick 5, after jumping over the Suns.

Veterans List
    GWS don't have a ruckman now that Mumford and Jacobs have retired. Maybe a case of champion players (cough,cough) but not a champion team. They seem to have little team cohesion. The much vaunted Kelly has fallen off a cliff. Cameron is clearly leaving by the way he plays and is he worth $800,000??? Surely not. Any chance he ends up at Hawthorn. Someone has been in his ear for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I feel dirty for saying this - GO HAWKS!
    I was going to say that I won't tell anyone, but you have put it in writing.

Senior Player
    I think you should feel dirty. Like, really dirty.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Concerning for the Giants. Apart from Toby Greene, big names go missing too often. Given a dream run into the AFL has made them too soft.
    No, a dream run is being a media darling club with 100,000 members that gets to play the Grand Final at it's home ground and
    has never had a player leave to "go home".

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    GWS don't have a ruckman now that Mumford and Jacobs have retired. Maybe a case of champion players (cough,cough) but not a champion team. They seem to have little team cohesion. The much vaunted Kelly has fallen off a cliff.
    They suffered the same problem is us. A useless ruck division makes your midfield look bad, and lack of a midfield makes your forward line look ordinary.

Off season couldnt come soon enough for them. If they don't go after a ruck they won't make finals again.

Senior Player
    The more I think about this season, the more I think its a less than reliable guide as to how next season will play out.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast