Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R18 Vs Cats @ Metricon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Although he was in contention for that Cat B spot in 2018, there was plenty of competition and not the RWO favourite to get the call. But he had an excellent NEAFL season last year and has been very solid for a 20 yo at AFL level. He's very composed, a solid kick and does some things very well that many top ranked players never get right. You've highlighted his excellent pressure and tackling. He has a rare combination of skills that you don't often see. I'm a fan now and think he has a bright future.
    Yes, including lightning quick clean hands, with a precise kick either side. Showed a ton of composure against Brisbane who will be top, with long penetrating kicks to Reid’s advantage that should have been marked

Veterans List
    Wicks has been used as a defensive forward. Maybe he is better suited to the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Wicks has been used as a defensive forward. Maybe he is better suited to the midfield.
    He got a run in the midfield last year in the neafl against Gws. Got a lazy 40 disposals.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Wicks would make a useful midfielder who is damaging when resting in a forward pocket.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Everyone seems to be on the Gould Bandwagon but there must be some reason why he hasn’t been given his debut. It’s been a difficult year to assess players form with limited competitive activity so I assume training track form carries more weight than usual.
    Given that I can only assume he hasn’t ticked the required boxes to gain his debut.Hopefully he now knows what is required and has a full offseason to work with and will be knocking down the door for selection during the early rounds of 2021
    Its a funny one, but defensively we've coped pretty well overall this year, and there seemed to be some concerns with his size in terms of being ready to take on AFL sized defenders. He must have got close as Longmire said a couple of times he did, but he will earn his stripes when he is ready.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Given the ins for Geelong it looks like it will be an absolute bloodbath. Not a great game for young players anyway!
    I'm happy you were way off the mark with that call barracuda (even though I was feeling the same)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Last night my sleep was a bit restless, and for some reason I had a dream about the game last night, where the final scores of the game was 9.10 (64) for both clubs. A strange dream.
    One less smother in the last 20 seconds and the final scores could well have been 10.9 (69) for both clubs.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    One less smother in the last 20 seconds and the final scores could well have been 10.9 (69) for both clubs.
    Have you had any dreams about the AFL Grand Final, 2020 Draft, Joe Daniher or the Melbourne Cup by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'll chuck in the US Presidential election too.

It doesn't matter who he replaces. We just need to get 22 warm bodies out there.

A few weeks ago Steve Johnson said Gould would play this year. So if Gould doesn't play, then Johnson will get delisted, defrocked and disemboweled for lying on the radio. You can't do that in Australia and get away with it. His reputation is on the line.
    So it goes.

So it goes.
    Pretty harsh sacking him for that!

So it goes.
    Um you can lie on radio. I men Alan Jones does it all the time. Steve Price and of course John Laws all lies through their teeth. Media today is more self regulating than not. ACMA is only there if you have taken a grievance to the industry body and been ignored. That is taken an issue to the self regulator who are funded by? You guessed it the radio stations. I know this whay? Because I worked in radio.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

It seems that satire has not yet penetrated the entirety of the Australian wilderness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast