Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R18 Vs Cats @ Metricon

Regular in the Side

Changes for R18 Vs Cats @ Metricon

Not much interest in guessing the line-up but still want our boys finishing the season on a high. A very good performance can bring us some joy and enough "delicious" food for thought for our fellow fans in the next few months before R1 2021.

Definite Out: Lewis Taylor (Season - Foot Injury)
    Likely Replacement : Dawson (Tested OK after concussion)

May be Out: Amartey (Ankle - To be Tested) As a debutant, it may be best he is given every chance to try again after just one game. If he is not selected, then perhaps Sinclair will be back. Cats are still missing Rhys Stanley but Blicavs is strong in this position too.

Possible inclusion: Rowbottom (Managed) Having established as a key member of our Mids, he may be recalled. If he is in, Bell is a prime candidate to go out.

Don't know who will be delisted after this game, but will we give a farewell game to someone?

Given the dire state of our ruck stocks, I’d like to persist with Aliir in the ruck with Amartey if fit helping out.

The other one I’d still like to see is MC Gould. Cmon Horse!

I think Gould will debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'd like to see that

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    So do I.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be surprised. We have Dawson and Rowbottom probably available to come back in, and only Taylor a definite out (Amartey a possible out, but Sinclair would be the more obvious replacement if he can't play). I don't see why you'd take anyone out of a defence that played reasonably well last week for a single game against a side who, on form, should beat us comfortably. Longmire will still believe his team has a chance of winning - that's his mantra - and will put out the side he thinks is best capable of that. He won't give a debutant a game just for the sake of it.

Hope you are both correct, but suspect Liz may be right. 😢

Regular in the Side
    IF he debuts, who will he replace? While I don't mind to see it happens, from the photos in the Social Media, I think it is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    IF he debuts, who will he replace? While I don't mind to see it happens, from the photos in the Social Media, I think it is unlikely.
    It doesn't matter who he replaces. We just need to get 22 warm bodies out there.

A few weeks ago Steve Johnson said Gould would play this year. So if Gould doesn't play, then Johnson will get delisted, defrocked and disemboweled for lying on the radio. You can't do that in Australia and get away with it. His reputation is on the line.

Gould better get a game. I need this ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Last night my sleep was a bit restless, and for some reason I had a dream about the game last night, where the final scores of the game was 9.10 (64) for both clubs. A strange dream.

I still expect Geelong to win the game with a margin of about seven goals. They are in good form, they have Ablett and Hawkins back in the side, and that makes their forward line formidable. It's not our defence that's a problem though, it's our inability to kick scores.

We will have some forced changes. Maybe L.Taylor and Amartey out (both injured) and Dawson and Sinclair in. I would like to see Amartey get another game, but if he's got a niggling injury, there's no point risking it getting worse.

Will Gould play? I have no idea. I hope so, but it is strange that he hasn't been given a game. Does he have some problems with his skinfolds or something?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    In my view it's regressive and pointless to bring Sinclair in. Even if Amartey is out, Aliir can ruck the entire game with Reid giving him a break. Dawson can play forward then and give Gould his game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast