Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R18 Vs Cats @ Metricon

The ruck is a very injury prone position. I wouldnt risk allir there unless they see him as a long term ruckman.

I'd be selecting amartey, then knoll, then sinkers.

I’d say bell will stay in given his 9 contested possessions last week. The swans will likely want to roll a wingman back for a spare defender. That would be Dawson. That means ultimately one less forward. I would say the player to drop out would be wicks. If this happens the swans will be simply trying to minimise the damage rather than win. Could backfire if the forward pressure drops off.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Dawson Rowbottom Sinclair
    For
    Amartey (injured) L.Taylor (injured) Wicks (omitted)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I’d say bell will stay in given his 9 contested possessions last week. The swans will likely want to roll a wingman back for a spare defender. That would be Dawson. That means ultimately one less forward. I would say the player to drop out would be wicks. If this happens the swans will be simply trying to minimise the damage rather than win. Could backfire if the forward pressure drops off.
    Surprising move given Wicks’s excellent pressure. This stat is in the Footy Live app preview for this match.

Since debuting in Round 10, Sam Wicks ranks second at the club for tackle attempts and effective tackles.

I’d dare say that is a stat that would be dominated by inside mids, so for Wicks to be ranked second while playing as a forward is an impressive feat

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Dawson Rowbottom Sinclair
    For
    Amartey (injured) L.Taylor (injured) Wicks (omitted)
    *commits head to wall*

Senior Player
    Everyone seems to be on the Gould Bandwagon but there must be some reason why he hasn’t been given his debut. It’s been a difficult year to assess players form with limited competitive activity so I assume training track form carries more weight than usual.
    Given that I can only assume he hasn’t ticked the required boxes to gain his debut.Hopefully he now knows what is required and has a full offseason to work with and will be knocking down the door for selection during the early rounds of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Everyone seems to be on the Gould Bandwagon but there must be some reason why he hasn’t been given his debut. It’s been a difficult year to assess players form with limited competitive activity so I assume training track form carries more weight than usual.
    Given that I can only assume he hasn’t ticked the required boxes to gain his debut.Hopefully he now knows what is required and has a full offseason to work with and will be knocking down the door for selection during the early rounds of 2021
    Agree. Objectivity is underrated. Why does Gould deserve a debut more than any other? We have several players who are yet to debut. Is he more worthy because of draft position?

As soon as a list is finalised after the draft, everyone is equal.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I agree, I just feel bad for the guy. Probably had high expectations and it's been a tough year on the road.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Surprising move given Wicks’s excellent pressure. This stat is in the Footy Live app preview for this match.

Since debuting in Round 10, Sam Wicks ranks second at the club for tackle attempts and effective tackles.

I’d dare say that is a stat that would be dominated by inside mids, so for Wicks to be ranked second while playing as a forward is an impressive feat
    I think the player selection may not be so much the players left out (Wicks:7), but getting games into other inexperienced players (Stephens:7, McInerney:9, Bell:9 plus others). Wicks has shown enough to show he's a keeper. Are players like Bell, Thurlow, Fox being tested?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Given the ins for Geelong it looks like it will be an absolute bloodbath. Not a great game for young players anyway!

Wicks is stiff.

Although he was in contention for that Cat B spot in 2018, there was plenty of competition and not the RWO favourite to get the call. But he had an excellent NEAFL season last year and has been very solid for a 20 yo at AFL level. He's very composed, a solid kick and does some things very well that many top ranked players never get right. You've highlighted his excellent pressure and tackling. He has a rare combination of skills that you don't often see. I'm a fan now and think he has a bright future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast