Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Impact of Soft Cap reduction - changes to coaching and support staff for 2021

agree Jono...........i suspect its a serious addition the the Swans optimising 2021

exciting for our juniors but also exciting for player managers and players looking more seriously at the Swans as a destination 2021/22

Nice pathway
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    We just announced Don Puke is joining as an assistant coach ! Wonder if he’ll bring the power stance ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The man who never smiles.

We just announced Don Puke is joining as an assistant coach ! Wonder if he’ll bring the power stance ...

Just to clarify, the ‘Puke’ was a genuine typo. I’m not against getting an experienced assistant coach in at all, especially one that’s been (almost) to the pinnacle.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Highly regarded at the Crows before it went pear shaped after the ill fated camp. Crows is a club where there's a lot of interference from the board and management, very inbred club.

Will be a good addition having coached a team into a GF, think they were minor Premiers as well.
    Was he the fall guy? Don't know if the truth ever came out as to who was responsible for that training camp.

Warming the Bench
    Really happy with that addition, given JB's departure. Echo the sentiments in having a experienced coach come in. Would like to see the dynamics of the box now...

Also interesting that T Kennelly was passed over (I presume too many inexperienced heads in the coaches box).

The other positive with Don Pike's appointment to the coaches is his existing relationship with Cox from West Coast. Could be a great recruit as we needed to replace Blakey's experience in the Coaches Box.

Veterans List
    One thing is for certain.....he won't be suggesting any pre season camps!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    That's excellent news.
    About time we got another assistant without the training wheels.
    +1

I was always impressed with the way he galvanised the players into a cohesive winning unit after Phil Walsh's death.

Just to clarify, the ‘Puke’ was a genuine typo. I’m not against getting an experienced assistant coach in at all, especially one that’s been (almost) to the pinnacle.

Too late to bring that up. Puke it is!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    That's excellent news.
    About time we got another assistant without the training wheels.
    Agreed. I was really hoping we'd bring some experience into the coaching box, so a senior coach who has coached a team to a grand final is a great get.

Pyle is a gun. Although I would think he looking for a role into a succession plan.

Ok, who is this guy?

Puke? Pike? Pyke? Pyle?

Or did we recruit four new assistant coaches??

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Was he the fall guy? Don't know if the truth ever came out as to who was responsible for that training camp.
    Brett Burton who was the football manager was responsible for the debacle.