Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 22 2021

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    He's too tough for either of those two players. Seems to play a bit line Gablett in terms of style, or perhaps Rory Sloane. If he turns out like anything near either of those, we'd be thrilled.
    Sloane is a good comparison. Or Parker with some speed. I like how he is drawn, with force, to the ball.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Sloane is a good comparison. Or Parker with some speed. I like how he is drawn, with force, to the ball.
    To me it was no coincidence that Adelaide turned it around when Sloane came back from injury. He was inspirational. Happy with that comparison.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Campbell's highlight tape is very impressive:

BRAEDEN CAMPBELL HIGHLIGHTS | 2020 AFL Draft Prospect - YouTube

Particularly when on goal.
    He is a natural footballer. What I like is he knows where the goals are and is already our best kick in 2021. He kicks straight and long for goal and in field play.

anyone seen a better high lights video for a draftee mid ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The idea of him, Dawson, Stephens and McInerney's foot skills transforming our play through the centre of the ground has me feeling very buoyant.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    anyone seen a better high lights video for a draftee mid ?
    His big knock is on his endurance, which you don't see here.

I watched the full U'17 GF opener where he won BOG.

If you're just picking BOG on his highlights reel, fair enough. But to say he drifted in and out of the game is an understatement. I suspect he won based on his 1st quarter alone.

If you check this podcast there's an extended interview with him:

https://www.afl.com.au/podcasts/road-to-the-draft
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

If you're just picking BOG on his highlights reel, fair enough. But to say he drifted in and out of the game is an understatement. I suspect he won based on his 1st quarter alone.

Road to the Draft - AFL.com.au
    There's been a few others like that, who've turned out OK. Stick him in the forward line and increase his midfield minutes as he increases his tank.

https://www.afl.com.au/podcasts/road-to-the-draft
    His endurance may not be elite, but I can tell you his 2km time trials arent terrible, just not high end and I dont think enought to make him a liability.

I think the knock would be more that his disposal count in the past has been not been overly high and he would have very few games with 20 plus disposals. To his credit I did see an improvement in that over the series against GWS this year.

He does make a very good highlights reel though as he does make an impact with ball in hand, he is hard at it and he has a beautiful looking left foot kick.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    His endurance may not be elite, but I can tell you his 2km time trials arent terrible, just not high end and I dont think enought to make him a liability.

I think the knock would be more that his disposal count in the past has been not been overly high and he would have very few games with 20 plus disposals. To his credit I did see an improvement in that over the series against GWS this year.

He does make a very good highlights reel though as he does make an impact with ball in hand, he is hard at it and he has a beautiful looking left foot kick.
    He is still only 18. If he gets 20 stats with a bias to kicks, and hits the Swans target much of time, then that already makes us a better side. Cuts down our turnover ratio big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post

This sounds a lot like Heeney

Goes up to 11
    If he's a midfielder, I hope we play him as a mid. That's all I ask.

My concern in this current AFL regime is having to many inside mids in the traditional sense that are not multi dimensional in different positions. Getting exposed against the quick teams has serious downside playing so many slow inside mids on the field at the on time.

Our depth and roles are looking better, but i sense we need some more class in the mids ie one more 21 to 24 yr old traded in....... that really add to high level football use and takes us up the ladder. Moving up from 16th on the ladder we need more quality experience plus we cant rely on Bud etc to be there and win us 3 games by himself !

Draft / Trade In 2020 = 4 spots ?

Pick 3 ? or a traded in high level player?
    Campbell
    Gulden?
    P.McCartin?

B Mills Rampe Cunningham
    HB Lloyd AA Dawson
    C Florent Rowbottom Blakey
    HF Heeney Franklin McInerny
    F Papley Reid Hayward
    Foll Sinclair Parker Kennedy
    Interchange McCartin, Stephens, Hewett, Fox

23.Thurlow
    24.Campbell?
    25.Gulden?
    26.Taylor
    27.Brand
    28.Oriordan
    29.Gould
    30.Clarke
    31.Warner
    32.Ling
    33.Wicks
    34. McLean
    35. Oconnor
    36. Knoll
    37. Melican
    38.P.McCartin?
    39. PICK 3 ?

on the way out at least 11 players:

Ronke - trade late 50s?
    Foot
    Maibaum
    Stoddart
    Reynolds
    Gray
    Rowles
    Amartey
    E.Taylor
    Bell
    Naismith?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 12th October 2020 at 11:16 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast