Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 22 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I agree with RD that I don't want us to play Sinclair, Buddy & Reid in the forward line together, even though I think Reid and Buddy apply reasonable pressure. I think we only play Sinclair as a second ruck if one of Buddy or Reid is out.

I think it remains to be seen whether Melican will start in Round 1 - hopefully he will, but his form has been up and down. Obviously the fact we have extended him for another 3 years is a big show of faith.

I'm curious about whether McCartin settles in defence or not. He has excelled in the KPD role, but is it easier for us to cover that with someone else (like Brand or Gould) and send him back forward?

One of the things I like best is that there is decent depth outside the 22. Lots of players who have shown they can come in and play a role when called upon to do so when injuries or drop offs in form hit.
    Agree. It's in part a result of all the injuries and retirements we have had of late.
    Plenty who can play and do an ok job, just need a few to take that next step forward from ok to good and good to elite.

Suspended by the MRP
    We will be a cellar dweller for a long time if we do not get an elite young mid or KPF on the list soon.

Red flags everywhere.

2021:

B Melican Rampe Cunningham

HB Lloyd Mills Dawson

C Florent Rowbottom Blakey

HF Heeney Franklin McInerny

F Papley Reid Hayward

Foll Hickey Parker Kennedy

Interchange - T.McCartin, Stephens, Hewett, Fox

Guessing that Mills and Dawson will be alternating as cut off defenders depending on Rampe and Melicans one on one matchups

B- Cunningham Rampe Melican
    HB- Lloyd McCartin Mills
    C- Dawson Parker Stephens
    HF- Hayward Reid Heeney
    F- Papley Franklin Sinclair

R- Hickey Kennedy Rowbottom

Int- Blakey McInerney Hewett Florent

Emerg- Campbell, Fox, Clark, Thurlow, L Taylor

Suspended by the MRP
    B : Mills - Rampe - Melican
    HB : Lloyd - McCartin - Cunningham
    C : Dawson - Hewett - Stephens
    HF : Campbell - Franklin - Heeney
    F : Papley - Reid - Hayward

R - Hickey - Kennedy - Parker

IC - Florent - Blakey - Rowbottom - McInerney

Emergencies - Clarke, Fox, Sinclair, Pick 3

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    2021:

B Melican Rampe Cunningham

HB Lloyd Mills Dawson

C Florent Rowbottom Blakey

HF Heeney Franklin McInerny

F Papley Reid Hayward

Foll Hickey Parker Kennedy

Interchange - T.McCartin, Stephens, Hewett, Fox

Guessing that Mills and Dawson will be alternating as cut off defenders depending on Rampe and Melicans one on one matchups
    I think this is the best 22 of the current squad, although McCartin is a starting defender.

Unlike other proposed teams, I don't think Sinclair plays in a team with Buddy and Reid.

I think spots 21 and 22 (Hewett and Fox) are up for grabs. There are not too many players in the current squad outside that 22 who are really good enough. It's too early to condemn Warner and Gould. Ling could improve if he stays fit.

But I think any improvement to that best 22 is coming from this year's draftees.

Veterans List
    I expect Blakey and McInerney will start Round 1 on the wing. They played the last few games there and proved a damaging combo.

The one I think who will have to improve dramatically to get a spot is Hayward. I don't think there will be a spot for him as a negating forward, and he sure doesn't do much as a conventional half forward flanker. We have so many improving young footballers who are far more damaging than him, and if Campbell or Gulden prove up to a Round 1 pick I don't see a spot for him. By the way he is about 10th in line for a backline position.

Blakey and McInerney on the wings excite me!

Florent, Hayward, Blakey and Rowbottom all need big years and would be great for them to take the next step and have breakout years.

Mills and Heeeny need to realise their potential and take their game to AA level.

Veterans List
    Pick 3, Campbell and Gulden and Gould all debut R1 after big showings in the preseason.

Could happen!

I'm seeing a fit Buddy steaming out of the goal square being hit on the chest by bullet passes from Dawson, Blakey & Campbell. The 100 goal forward returns :-)

The reality is that whoever wins the midfield battle wins the game.

If (and it's a big if) Florent, Blakey, Rowbottom have breakout years, JPK and Parker maintain output, Heeney elevates his game to a Dusty / Danger / Bont level and Campbell is in contention for the rising star, we could be back in the finals.

Obviously if none of the above happens, we will be sitting at the bottom again.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pick 3, Campbell and Gulden and Gould all debut R1 after big showings in the preseason.

Could happen!

I'm seeing a fit Buddy steaming out of the goal square being hit on the chest by bullet passes from Dawson, Blakey & Campbell. The 100 goal forward returns :-)
    😤👊

Love the optimism.

The fact is we were crueled by injuries to some of our best players. Adding Buddy, Heeney, Rampe, and Hewitt plus a ruck makes it a lot better team. We aren’t contending in 2021 but if we have a Port Adelaide like run of health, we have a good team and we are leaving some good players in our 2s.

B: Melican Rampe Cunningham
    HB: Lloyd McCartin Mills
    C: Stephens Rowbottom Dawson
    Foll: JPK Hickey Parker
    HF: Heeney Buddy Blakey
    F: Papley Reid Hayward

Int: Hewitt, McInerney, Florent, Fox

It’s a good thing if we can’t automatically find a spot in the Rd 1 team for #3, Campbell, Gulden.

Depth includes:

KPD: Brand, Gould
    HBF: Ling, COR, Thurlow
    Mids: Clarke, Warner, Bell, Campbell, Gray
    Small Fwd: Wicks, Gulden, Taylor, Foot, Ronke
    Ruck/Fwd: Sinclair, McLean, Amartey

#3 pick is going to be interesting!

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast