Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: Best 22 2021

Stephens can play inside and outside and has a huge tank. I can see him as the next in (Buddy aside) but extremely hard to see who makes way unless RB doesn’t get up.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Before the #1 member of his fan club arrives haha, Warner at this moment in time clearly appears to be part of the the best 22 for what he has shown so far this season in both pre-season and Rd 1.

There is definitely going to be some stiff competition in the midfield - but I reckon there is probably a need for one more player with an 'inside bias' (what I mean there is more a 'in the guts' midfielder then providing outside run). But how nice is to be having difficulty fitting all the moving parts in however, with some very good players waiting in the wings for their opportunities as well.
    Need clearance mids and inside 50 mids. No more dinky handpasses that cause turnovers or mids who cant handle the ball cleanly. More picking the ball up with one grab.. being explosive , attacking the man and getting it out with speed. Warner does this better than anyone on the list atm. Crashes packs and gets the ball on a string. Opponents cant catch him. Hes the total package. Our next Josh Kennedy. If im the #1 member of his fan club ive backed the right horse then. Hope thats positive enough.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    What happened to all the "We need more midfielders talk"?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Warner has been a surprise packet this season compared to the few games he played last season primarily as a small forward. He's on trajectory to win the "most improved" and hopefully a Rising Star nomination. This is what recruiters must've seen in his potential when he was drafted with our last pick in 2019.

Speaking of Rising Star, I read in another thread that Errol Gulden has won this week's (R1) rising star nomination. Hopefully we'll see a good haul of Swans nominations this season. With Rowell unfortunately looking to miss at least half the season, now leaves the door open to a wide field to win the award.

Warner has a great name too, ripe with possibility, particularly if he starts taking a few marks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Need clearance mids and inside 50 mids. No more dinky handpasses that cause turnovers or mids who cant handle the ball cleanly. More picking the ball up with one grab.. being explosive , attacking the man and getting it out with speed. Warner does this better than anyone on the list atm. Crashes packs and gets the ball on a string. Opponents cant catch him. Hes the total package. Our next Josh Kennedy. If im the #1 member of his fan club ive backed the right horse then. Hope thats positive enough.
    More enjoyable to read then your usual crusades to run down other players, that's for sure....

On a completely different note, it was nice to see such good disposal efficiency stats across the team on Saturday night - only 5 players running at below 70%, and 14 at 75% or above. A very nice change (though I would expect a lack of Brisbane pressure helped in that regard).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Warner has been a surprise packet this season compared to the few games he played last season primarily as a small forward. He's on trajectory to win the "most improved" and hopefully a Rising Star nomination. This is what recruiters must've seen in his potential when he was drafted with our last pick in 2019.

Speaking of Rising Star, I read in another thread that Errol Gulden has won this week's (R1) rising star nomination. Hopefully we'll see a good haul of Swans nominations this season. With Rowell unfortunately looking to miss at least half the season, now leaves the door open to a wide field to win the award.
    Yes, we should get a good crop of Rising Star nominations this season. Very easy to see all of Campbell, McDonald, Warner and Stephens getting one.

Warner has been a pleasant surprise for me this year. My impression of his assets last year, was that he was a ferocious tackler, who was willing to go hard at the ball. Perhaps a bit like Jude Bolton, maybe an eventual inside replacement for Luke Parker? I really didn't expect him to be so skilful and dynamic. For large chunks of the Brisbane game, he looked more like Lachie Neale, than Lachie Neale.

Although personally, I think he needs to do something about his hair. At the moment, it looks like he's cut out a section of an old sheepskin rug and stuck it on his head. But the more concerning thing is, given a bit of time, I can see it morphing into the sort of mullet that Dermott Brereton used to sport, around about 1990. I really don't want to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, we should get a good crop of Rising Star nominations this season. Very easy to see all of Campbell, McDonald, Warner and Stephens getting one.

Warner has been a pleasant surprise for me this year. My impression of his assets last year, was that he was a ferocious tackler, who was willing to go hard at the ball. Perhaps a bit like Jude Bolton, maybe an eventual inside replacement for Luke Parker? I really didn't expect him to be so skilful and dynamic. For large chunks of the Brisbane game, he looked more like Lachie Neale, than Lachie Neale.

Although personally, I think he needs to do something about his hair. At the moment, it looks like he's cut out a section of an old sheepskin rug and stuck it on his head. But the more concerning thing is, given a bit of time, I can see it morphing into the sort of mullet that Dermott Brereton used to sport, around about 1990. I really don't want to see that.
    +1 re; hair

Maybe he could leave that rug with Matt Nick's to Velcro down.

Now that would be a priceless postatch coach interview - Nick's with Warner's rug on lol

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

I like the fact him and McDonald look like they cut their own hair and don't give a crap how they look. More power to 'em.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445