Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Best 22 2021

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What is he in, year 5. Strewth how long do we wait for raw talent to materialise. His average game stats are horrible. He goes where the ball 'aint.
    Well it kind of matches the "Hayward is the coaches pet" motif that emerges on occasion, which simply screams primary school.
    Also presupposes a level of unprofessional behaviour to Horse which is ludicrous.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

rd1
    Cunningham Rampe Melican
    Lloyd McCartin Dawson
    Flo Parker Blakey
    Hayward Heeney Rowbottom
    Papley Reid Wicks
    Hickey Mills Kennedy
    Warner Gulden Hewett Sinkers?

Emer: Stephens McInerney McDonald

Bud
    Fox
    Ling
    Oroirdan
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'd like to think it was because he was the less desirable option too, but I fear that Mitchell being out of contract was the important factor.

Sometimes contracts DO matter. If it wasn't for his contract, I doubt Sam Grey would be playing in the AFL this year.
    One day I'll have to give the Unofficial Story behind the Official Story of the Tom Mitchell trade. I'm holding back, not wanting to cause a RWO boilover.

Some stuff is still classified and some stuff was fished out from the depths of the dark web. There are stories out there that Ludwig created the dark web, but you can't believe everything you hear.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'm not sure the Swans exactly dodged a bullet in this regard.
    Tom may have a Brownlow, AFLPA MVP and be a 2 time All Australian, but does that pale into insignificance when stacked up against the "gets lots of possessions but never get's tagged" metric.
    Indeed, if this particular metric was given such pre-eminence at the Swans: I'm sure Jake Lloyd would have immediately been discarded as another high possession winner that doesn't get tagged.

While the tone above may be a little heavy, but I recall your preference for subjectivity and think you may be taking your love of team / loyalty to the club a tad far on this occasion.
    You could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This is what I think as well, except that I suspect we will find a place for Campbell. I would drop Hayward, but it's so hard to see it happening with Longmire as head coach.
    I reckon it might be between Hewett and Campbell. I would go Campbell.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I overlooked Campbell, hrs straight in. Not sure who for though. I suspect they'll value hewetts experience in the backline, can't see him missing

After Round 1:

B Cunningham Rampe Dawson
    HB Lloyd McCartin Campbell
    C McInerney Rowbottom Blakey
    HF Heeney Reid Guldon
    F Papley Franklin McDonald

Foll

Hickey
    Parker
    Mills

Inter

Kennedy
    Hewitt
    Stephens
    Florent

Sub - Heywood

Very Flexible Team

- Reid can ruck or help our down back
    - Blockbuster bench with outside run and midfield depth
    - Mills can swap back if needed
    - Heeney can spend midfield time if needed.
    - The outside run off Blakey, McInerney, Florent, Stephen’s, Guldon and Campbell will be hard to stop.
    - Look for Blakey to be Koutoufides version 2. Extreme athletic ability and able to impact both ends of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    After Round 1:

B Cunningham Rampe Dawson
    HB Lloyd McCartin Campbell
    C McInerney Rowbottom Blakey
    HF Heeney Reid Guldon
    F Papley Franklin McDonald

Foll

Hickey
    Parker
    Mills

Inter

Kennedy
    Hewitt
    Stephens
    Florent

Sub - Heywood

Very Flexible Team

- Reid can ruck or help our down back
    - Blockbuster bench with outside run and midfield depth
    - Mills can swap back if needed
    - Heeney can spend midfield time if needed.
    - The outside run off Blakey, McInerney, Florent, Stephen’s, Guldon and Campbell will be hard to stop.
    - Look for Blakey to be Koutoufides version 2. Extreme athletic ability and able to impact both ends of the ground.
    Before the #1 member of his fan club arrives haha, Warner at this moment in time clearly appears to be part of the the best 22 for what he has shown so far this season in both pre-season and Rd 1.

There is definitely going to be some stiff competition in the midfield - but I reckon there is probably a need for one more player with an 'inside bias' (what I mean there is more a 'in the guts' midfielder then providing outside run). But how nice is to be having difficulty fitting all the moving parts in however, with some very good players waiting in the wings for their opportunities as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Before the #1 member of his fan club arrives haha, Warner at this moment in time clearly appears to be part of the the best 22 for what he has shown so far this season in both pre-season and Rd 1.

There is definitely going to be some stiff competition in the midfield - but I reckon there is probably a need for one more player with an 'inside bias' (what I mean there is more a 'in the guts' midfielder then providing outside run). But how nice is to be having difficulty fitting all the moving parts in however, with some very good players waiting in the wings for their opportunities as well.
    I missed Warner (whom my son refers to as Dave) from the team. I’m not sure who to take out to accommodate Warner.

I need to keep all my flankers in the team. Maybe you need to take out a Cunningham and move another runner like Stephen’s into the backline. With Lloyd, Campbell and Stephen’s in the backline there is great run and kicking ability. Dawson can also launch impressive kicks from the backline as well.

No way Warner gets dropped. Absolutely no way. He is a star in the making!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I missed Warner (whom my son refers to as Dave) from the team. I’m not sure who to take out to accommodate Warner.

I need to keep all my flankers in the team. Maybe you need to take out a Cunningham and move another runner like Stephen’s into the backline. With Lloyd, Campbell and Stephen’s in the backline there is great run and kicking ability. Dawson can also launch impressive kicks from the backline as well.
    Hahah that's the challenge at the moment - plenty of other good players trying to come in. No way Cunningham will drop out unless his form drops off significantly, given he is now part of the leadership team as well. Tough questions to be answered, especially when we have a relatively healthy list (long may that element continue!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."