Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 22 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Agree with this for R1. But no doubt Ling has talent and even if he is pushing Harry by season's end, that would be a good result moving forward.
    Harry always starts the season slowly these days. Had a terrible start the last three years. Got dropped in one of those and came back really rejuvenated.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yep. If Ling gets even close to Cunningham’s current level by the end of season 2022 I will be shocked (but happy - options and depth is the key to success)
    Ling is a far better kick than Harry. He played a couple of games last year and was solid. His passing was very good. Harry gets plenty of ball but sometimes is very wasteful as he does not seem to look for the best option but blazes away with the long kick. Other times he can be superb.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    So who is a defensive forward
    Bell, Ronke, Gulden, Taylor. I think Hayward, coaches pet remember, will play.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Ling is a far better kick than Harry. He played a couple of games last year and was solid. His passing was very good. Harry gets plenty of ball but sometimes is very wasteful as he does not seem to look for the best option but blazes away with the long kick. Other times he can be superb.

Too harsh on Cunningham- now one of our most versatile and important players.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Too harsh on Cunningham- now one of our most versatile and important players.
    Harry is not the best disposer in the comp but he isnt terrible and with the way the game is played , Im pretty sure that he's not blazing away but probably playing the percentages in that if there isnt a good short option then your better kicking to a contest further down the line. Harry is way better than Ling at this stage. Ling obviously has something as they hang onto him despite him showing only a few glimpses at this time IMO but he doesnt displace Harry.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Harry is not the best disposer in the comp but he isnt terrible and with the way the game is played , Im pretty sure that he's not blazing away but probably playing the percentages in that if there isnt a good short option then your better kicking to a contest further down the line. Harry is way better than Ling at this stage. Ling obviously has something as they hang onto him despite him showing only a few glimpses at this time IMO but he doesnt displace Harry.
    Cunningham 5th in B&F

Suspended by the MRP
    This article has Rowbottom and McInerney as the two players who will go to the next level: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...3qlpmr9kw81a/5

But I would not rule out

Dawson - aged 23 now and coming into his prime years of output
    Mills - if he is moved into the midfield

And even Parker who could go to an even higher level with a competitive ruck cohort.

Cunningham is the kind of player who fills a gap admirably, but he's not in our next premiership 22. Better off using him as a second option to Ling and Gould by mid season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Cunningham is the kind of player who fills a gap admirably, but he's not in our next premiership 22. Better off using him as a second option to Ling and Gould by mid season
    Disagree. Only 27 and a proven player. Hope I'm wrong, but Ling and Gould no guarantee to make the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    This article has Rowbottom and McInerney as the two players who will go to the next level: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...3qlpmr9kw81a/5

But I would not rule out

Dawson - aged 23 now and coming into his prime years of output
    Mills - if he is moved into the midfield

And even Parker who could go to an even higher level with a competitive ruck cohort.
    I would add McCartin and the Lizard in there.

Disagree. Only 27 and a proven player. Hope I'm wrong, but Ling and Gould no guarantee to make the grade.
    I'm also a Cunningham fan. Quick and energetic. I agree his disposal is not the best but its not terrible either. I'm still to be convinced about Ling. Gould has yet to play seniors so who knows?

I think Runner's point (and mine) is that if the best we can do are our existing best 22, and guys like Ling, Gould, Campbell, Gulden etc don't make the grade coupled with minimal improvement from our existing 22, then clearly we're going nowhere fast.