Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Finals: Nick Davis Round.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Cotchin is an average footballer and a s#!t bloke.
    Agree.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    If Collingwood didn't have 17 home games every season they might be better at travelling. Pack of sooks.
    They haven't adjusted that is for sure. There has always been this widespread denial amongst the fans of MCG tenants like
    Richmond and Collingwood that their teams aren't advantaged by not having to travel as much as other teams. I'm expecting
    widespread outrage from them if Brisbane end up winning.

Despite the scorelines, last night's match had some balance. As much as I hated Geelong winning, I loved Collingwood getting spanked. Now if they both could have lost, that would have been wonderful. Let's adjust the rules one more time.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    You're spot on. A few weeks back during the controversy over one of the Lynch incidents, Hardwick made a comment that the successful teams he has been involved with have always played on the edge. So he endorses that behaviour.
    Playing on the edge doesn't mean taking cheap shots when someone is on their back. Going hard opponent in a contest in the guise of playing for the ball would be what I consider playing on the edge, a bit like Mitch Robinson. Lynch seems to happy to hit someone when they are down and his dickhead coach just smiles when asked about it.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Cotchin should have got at least a week for the the high tackle on Zak Jones. It was head high, after the whistle, and effected Jones for the remainder of the match. Same as he should have got a week for the head high hit on Dylan Shiel in the final against the giants a few years ago. He's dirty, and is a repeat offender.

My only solice is that he seems like an idiot, so post-football he'll probably by a country pub and go slowly broke. Destitute at 40.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Playing on the edge doesn't mean taking cheap shots when someone is on their back. Going hard opponent in a contest in the guise of playing for the ball would be what I consider playing on the edge, a bit like Mitch Robinson. Lynch seems to happy to hit someone when they are down and his dickhead coach just smiles when asked about it.
    Hardwick is really testing my patience lately.....his loyalty to his 'on the edge' players displays a gobsmacking arrogance. An arrogance born out of Victorian privilege and reflective of the type of player he was.....a thug. He should pull his head in but I highly doubt he ever self reflects.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Hardwick is really testing my patience lately.....his loyalty to his 'on the edge' players displays a gobsmacking arrogance. An arrogance born out of Victorian privilege and reflective of the type of player he was.....a thug. He should pull his head in but I highly doubt he ever self reflects.
    Well said. The arrogance and privilege are taken for granted and hopefully they will be "knocked off their perch."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Agree with all that except for the Victorian privilege bit. Agree on the way he plays bit, similar to Clarkson who was a dirty sniper.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree with all that except for the Victorian privilege bit. Agree on the way he plays bit, similar to Clarkson who was a dirty sniper.
    What, you don't think the MCG tenants are privileged? That Victorian based teams aren't the beneficiaries of a league that's biased in their favour, including the MPO? Hardwick and Richmond are probably the main beneficiaries of this bias.....believe me, he knows privilege.

Razor Ray has been dropped for the remainder of the Finals!
    AFL news: Ray Chamberlain dropped, Razor Ray, AFL finals, preliminary finals

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Razor Ray has been dropped for the remainder of the Finals!
    AFL news: Ray Chamberlain dropped, Razor Ray, AFL finals, preliminary finals
    The writer, or Newscorp, is obviously not a fan.
    I don't mind Chamberlain as an umpire, he's not the worst going around and being mic'd up gives us another insight as to what is happening on the field.
    If the bounce is an issue just toss it up.
    The field umpire has shown throughout his career he doesn’t mind the spotlight, but his presence in games can at times overshadow the real stars of the game.
    Many commentators are a lot worse than Chamberlain when it comes to "wanting" the spotlight.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    The writer, or Newscorp, is obviously not a fan.
    Yes, it was hardly an impartial article was it. Several paragraphs about how annoying they think he is, one quote from Mark Stevens at the end saying he "believes" Chamberlain dropped. Well, that's "News" Corp.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast