Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Finals: Nick Davis Round.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    The writer, or Newscorp, is obviously not a fan.
    I don't mind Chamberlain as an umpire, he's not the worst going around and being mic'd up gives us another insight as to what is happening on the field.
    If the bounce is an issue just toss it up.
    Many commentators are a lot worse than Chamberlain when it comes to "wanting" the spotlight.
    Commentators are paid to talk. Chamberlain thinks he is on a par with the players. Good umpire but deluded about his importance.

Razor Ray officiated the grand final last year and did a great job, and as far as pure umpiring the rules goes, is the best in the business so far this finals series.

He cant bounce the ball to save himself though.

It seems a political job to demote him totally out of the finals, rather than just remove him from centre bounce duties.

Razor Ray definitely one of the best umpires out there.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Razor Ray officiated the grand final last year and did a great job, and as far as pure umpiring the rules goes, is the best in the business so far this finals series.

He cant bounce the ball to save himself though.

It seems a political job to demote him totally out of the finals, rather than just remove him from centre bounce duties.
    Especially if the VFL want a certain outcome.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    If you google 'small man syndrome', there is a picture of Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Especially if the VFL want a certain outcome.
    Who do you think is the AFL love child this year? Brisbane?. Maybe Geelong for Paddy's sake. (spare me).

Who do you think is the AFL love child this year? Brisbane?. Maybe Geelong for Paddy's sake. (spare me).
    Ken Hinkley and Port first I reckon, then Brisbane in Brisbane, with #PaddysFlag third. The good news is surely it won't be the Tigers.

I'm hoping above all that the games are adjudicated fairly. I'm an idealist, I know. After that, I'd be happy with a Port and Brisbane final, want a cracker final and may the best team win on the day.

Senior Player
    You would think it would either be Brisbane or Port. Surely Dangerfield ruled Geelong out earlier this year
    with his comments on the player's pay cuts. But then maybe Richmond could be rewarded for Jack Reiwoldt's
    extraordinary sacrifice in "putting his body on the line" in the bushfire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yes, I think that Ray is the best umpire. If he's doing a game, I feel confident that it will be umpired well. Which I don't feel, when I see Stevic running out. Or Nicholls, or Ryan, or Meredith, etc.

But of course, that doesn't stop me from finding this funny.

Fitzy with Razor Ray | The Front Bar - YouTube

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I think that Ray is the best umpire. If he's doing a game, I feel confident that it will be umpired well. Which I don't feel, when I see Stevic running out. Or Nicholls, or Ryan, or Meredith, etc.

But of course, that doesn't stop me from finding this funny.

Fitzy with Razor Ray | The Front Bar - YouTube
    Fitzy is a genuinely funny bloke and this is no exception! Just watched it and left a comment....

Veterans List
    Speaking of funny, just saw this on youtube......Heens and Paps from last year, very funny.

Team Bonding: Papley and Heeney - YouTube

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast