Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Semi-Finals: Nick Davis Round.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Speaking of funny, just saw this on youtube......Heens and Paps from last year, very funny.

Team Bonding: Papley and Heeney - YouTube
    Tommy looks more like Tom Hanks every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Razor Ray definitely one of the best umpires out there.
    Yet not too long ago he was as despised as Stevic. "Woeful umpire who has his own rules and makes so many errors".

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Tommy looks more like Tom Hanks every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet not too long ago he was as despised as Stevic. "Woeful umpire who has his own rules and makes so many errors".
    Ray shot himself in the foot when he insisted on doing centre bounces where he was hopeless. Chris Scott let him know about it during Port Cats qualifying final. Couldn't be told and now his ego has cost him again. Good decision maker but can't help himself.

Warming the Bench
    Port vs Richmond tonight. I hope Port wins and that Cotchin does a hammy in Q1. He does have a history of dirty play and has got away with it. Off the field, he comes across as a gentleman with perfect hair but on the field turns into a d***head. Tom Lynch has plenty of form for what he did so it's no surprise. Hardwick's 'nothing to see here' response is pure arrogance as others on here have pointed out.

Geelong vs Lions. Lions for me. Geelong looked pretty good against Collingwood but the Pies definitely looked cooked from the game against the WCE.

GF - definitely Lions vs Port as they have been 2 best teams this year. I don't mind who wins but I hope it's a good game. Hopefully, the VFL old boys agenda will not be relevant this year.

Senior Player
    Difficult to pick tonight's game. The modelers tip Port, by small margins. They have a consistently good season and home ground on their side.

On the other hand, Tigers have recent finals experience, being very good and seemingly, just knowing "how to lift" when it matters on their side. So it could be close, evenly-matched and hard-fought, hopefully.

Cats and Lions: did the Cats play their big game, mentally-speaking, last week? Did they do it "too easy"? I'd like the Lions to go well, but inexperience might show through. They're a bit prone to panic, but managing to win in spite of that, sometimes! Could be another close and intense game if both sides are switched on. The modelers are more divided in this one, but slightly favouring the Cats.

I hope the lions win, so we dont end up with an all-interstate final.

I'd like to see Port and Brisbane win but I'm a little pessimistic. Ross Lyon has opined that only playing one game of footy in 28 days will make it harder for the hosting prelim finalists.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    After Dimma’s whinge against us earlier this year, I hope Richmond lose after Tom Lynch misses a kick after the siren

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345