Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bob Skilton Medal.

Regular in the Side
    The finishing order for the 2020 Bob Skilton Medal is as follows:

1. Jake Lloyd (421 points) Bob Skilton Medal(17 games)
    2. Luke Parker (357 points) Adam Goodes Trophy (17 games)
    3. Tom Papley (341 points) Peter Bedford Trophy (17 games)
    4. Dane Rampe (221 points) (11 games)
    5. Harry Cunningham (211 points) (17 games)
    6. Callum Mills (203 points) (15 games)
    7. James Rowbottom (198 points) (16 games)
    8. Josh Kennedy (195 points) (12 games)
    9. Jordan Dawson (182 points) (16 games)
    10. Oliver Florent (177 points) (17 games)

- - - Updated - - -

Rising Star - McInerney

Most improved - Rowbottom

Clubman - Kennedy

Players player - Parker
    Last edited by Aaron; 15th October 2020 at 08:09 PM.

1 - Lloyd, 2 - Parker, 3 - Papley, 4 - Rampe, 5 - Cunningham, 6 - Mills, 7 - Rowbottom, 8 - Kennedy, 9 - Dawson, 10 - Florent.

I think I remembered those positions correctly? I just caught the end of a much quicker count.

Well done to all: especially Jake Lloyd. From rookie list to two times Skilton Medallist.

Congrats to all, but especially Harry C on a top five finish ! And Rowbottom 7th in second year !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Jake Llyod " excited to where the club is headed" They are also my sentiments. Looking forward to 2021.

Suspended by the MRP
    Tremendous year from Lloyd. Hard to believe a season like that from a leader like Parker can't earn him another Skilton Medal. Not as surprised by Cunningham as others are. I saw him during match sim exercises in the pre-season showing exemplary leadership to those around him, particularly the young ones.

Great accomplishment for a second-year player in Rowbottom to finish as high as 7th. He will have a bright future in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I can't see Hayward and Florent in the Top 10.
    Very well worded. Clever of you not to post: I can't see Hayward OR Florent in the Top 10.

Senior Player
    Excellent reward for consistency, preparation and professionalism from Lloyd, who gets the most out of himself. Cunningham, a deserved fifth, is another.

I thought Parker was our most important and strongest player this year, and deserving players player, a voting format which rewards consistent elite games.

Enjoyed the Kirk and Longmire speeches for both - both players are great role models for the other players.

It was interesting to note that Heeney was second in the voting after six rounds - an important reminder that between him, Franklin and Rampe, we were without three of our best five players for most of the year.

Regular in the Side
    Of those who have played 16 games or more, Heyward has been ranked last and Florent second last. They need to work harder and improve much more

Sent from my vivo 1937 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Very well worded. Clever of you not to post: I can't see Hayward OR Florent in the Top 10.
    I thought Robbie Fox had as good a season as Ollie.

I'm very pleased for Jake. I commented a few months ago that during the Covid break I was going through Youtube videos of Swans' games from several years ago and was impressed how even back in 2015 just good Jake Lloyd was going. As the winner of my first Future Star Award, he has a special place in Swans' history. Now he can add 2 Bob Skilton medals to the trophy cabinet. I don't know if Jake will ever make the AA squad, but he deserves to be given more consideration than he's received so far.

Winners of Ludwig's Future Star Award:

2013 Jake Lloyd
    2014 George Hewett
    2015 Abe Davis
    2016 Colin O'Riordan
    2017 Ben Ronke
    2018 Joel Amartey
    2019 Justin McInerney

Choosing this year's Future Star is a difficult one, given the lack of a NEAFL competition. Stephens and Gould will probably be our best players from the new player group, but since they were both drafted higher than pick 30, they're not eligible. So it's mostly a choice between Chad Warner and Barry O'Connor. Since this year's choice is based on a paucity of information, I might as well just go with the longshot and give the 2020 Future Star Award to Barry O'Connor. Hopefully he doesn't get homesick and gets stuck in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I thought Robbie Fox had as good a season as Ollie.
    Probably better. Fox only played 14 games. I wonder what his vote tally was and if he could have made the top 10 if he had played all 17 games.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't know if Jake will ever make the AA squad, but he deserves to be given more consideration than he's received so far.
    He was in the 2018 squad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast