Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Finals: the little season that could.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    10 frees to 2 at half time.
    I am watching the game with an umpire and we reckon the umpiring has been pretty good. Ablett had the gall to whinge about a clear 2 handed push in the back.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Hmm looks like the AFL wants Brisbane in the grand final (for obvious reasons). They are getting a number of lucky frees and Geelong aren't being paid the obvious ones.
    Happy to see the umpires paying push in the back.It seems to have been scrubbed from the rules in recent times.The other decisions seemed pretty right too, especially Camerons in front of goal. Geelong have a tendency to throw their wait advantage around a bit too much. I missed the first 10 minutes so there could have been some lucky ones there but I can't say I noticed any howling missed frees to the Cats.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    That was a cracking game last night. I too wanted Port to win, but it was not to be. The difference for me was that I thought the Tigers came out after half time and knew how to finish the game. They've been here before. They have a winning culture. Port caught a mild case of the fumbles. The class act of the game happened afterwards. Tom Lynch consoled a distraught young Port supporter. If I'm going to be quick to admonish the drop knee, then I'll do the same with his actions after the game. They'll be hard to beat if they are close at halftime next week.
    They just spoke about that at half time on Seven. Apparently the kid was upset that some Port supporters were abusing Lynch while he was being interviewed post match, one even throwing his drink at Lynch (the spray which was seen on camera) and the kid just wanted Lynch to know he was sorry for the fans behaviour so they had a bit of a chat. It was good to see.....maybe his on field stuff is Hardwicks influence more than his own natural game. He was tough and hard at GC but I wouldn't say he was dirty. We'll see what happens next week and beyond.....

Not quite over, but Geelong have been a little bit cleaner with the ball and been applying a little bit more pressure without the ball. Brisbane needs to throw caution to the wind. An early goal would be very handy.

Looks like an all Vic team final. Not what I wanted but both teams are deserving of their spot after solid games. Rohan's game has been good. Why couldn't he play like this in a final for us? Whatever the outcome next week, an ex-Swan walks away with the chocolates.

Urrghh. This really is the doomsday scenario: the two VIC teams with the two most annoying coaches in the GF. Could the season suddenly be cancelled? I really don't want either of them to win, or to have to put up with the media going on about how heroic/miraculous it is for them to win away from home!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Looks like an all Vic team final. Not what I wanted but both teams are deserving of their spot after solid games. Rohan's game has been good. Why couldn't he play like this in a final for us? Whatever the outcome next week, an ex-Swan walks away with the chocolates.
    Rohan played a brilliant prelim final for us once! Grand Finals are his bogey! Be interesting to see if he can break the hoodoo next week!

I hope he plays well but they lose as I can't stand Dangerflop!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Don't suppose that they've announced, when the first 2021 preseason matches are being played?

Senior Player
    I hope the Lions come good in the near-future. I like watching them a lot, but once again they are just not quite ready for the big one. Totally outclassed tonight.

I guess all the talk next week will be Tigers "dynasty" versus a last/first premiership for Ablett/Dangerfield. Should be a good contest anyway.

Veterans List
    No one has mentioned the biggest non free in the history of the game; Dangerfield's one handed throw to Ablett for a goal. Totally inexcusable for the umpires to miss that. Whoever the officiating umpire was he should not get the GF. I've had a gutful of players getting away with clear throwing but that one tops it off.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    I don't think I'll bother watching the GF. Can't stand Richmond. Can't stand Geelong. Not a lot of pleasure to be had in seeing who wins.
    Given the AFL's propensity for hastily introduced, poorly considered, knee-jerk rule changes, I'm barracking for Gill the Dill (after firm instruction from McChins, as is always the way) to introduce a new rule which means neither can win.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

This finals series has somewhat dented the theory about home ground advantage.

In key ‘knock-out’ matches, Collingwood defeated West Coast at Optus, Richmond d Port at Adelaide Oval and Geelong d Brisbane at the Gabba. Each match in front of a crowd heavily dominated by home team supporters.

We might have to stop complaining about MCG home ground advantage in future years ......

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast