Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Finals: the little season that could.

Preliminary Finals: the little season that could.

Now that it's about 99.9% certain that we'll finish the season, it's probably worthwhile giving a pat on the back to the AFL, the management of the clubs, and the players, for getting us this far. There has been a large amount of planning on the run, that has required a large amount of cooperation, to keep the matches ticking over. And all that was done, without a major outbreak of covid and only a few minor scandals regarding the breaking of quarantine regulations. So, well done all.

Game wise, there's a reasonable chance that the grand final in Queensland, will take place without a Victorian team. In tonight's clash, Port are the $1.74 favourites against Richmond, who are $2.10. Coincidentally, the prices are same for the Brisbane v Geelong game, with Brisbane being the slight favourites. I suspect that both games will be intense affairs and excellent viewing.

Well, delete the other, incorrectly labelled thread; not this one.
    I've been cycling in the hot sun for much of the day, perhaps that has cooked a few brain cells.

As I posted in the semi-finals thread, I hope that Port and Brisbane win but I'm a little pessimistic (or just fearful?). I noted Ross Lyon's comments in Behind The Goals on afl.com.au that he thinks only playing one game of footy in 28 days could hurt Port and Brisbane. Hopefully the home ground advantage lifts the Lions.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Looking forward to tonight's game - only putting-child-to-bed duties remain to be addressed. Port have the talent and should have the experience to be able to bring the heat in a big game. Butters looks mentally tough. But Richmond will want to dominate, physically. Should be sensational.

For me, tomorrow night is more about who doesn't bottle it.

Tough first quarter. I'm glad Port got in front. Thought they were the better side.

I wonder how the tribunal will view the Ladhams report? I guess a hard hit to the groin, would attract more of a punishment than a hard hit to the stomach. But would a soft hit, that only was painful because it hit the groin, be a suspendable offence? Alternatively, if a close up shot shows there was no contact to the groin, does Balta get fined for staging?

Great footy match.

Loving the work of Byrne-Jones. Reminds me of Smooch with his desperate, close-checking defence.

Robbie Grey remains one of the best footy players going around. Duursma and Rioli also impressing.

Very entertaining for such a low scoring quarter. Still think Port look the better side. Richmond defenders seem to be getting away with a bit.

Imagine if Richmond had accepted our offer of pick 6 (Rohan) and pick 12 (Jetta) for their pick 3.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Then there would have been no gf sprint with Jetta and Rioli. Maybe no flag.

Martin is clearly worth more than Rohan + Jetta but you can keep those sliding doors for mine

Like. I agree. Love Jetta and Gary. But in lockdown you think about these things.

Veterans List
    Gee thanks a lot Port Adelaide. Now we have to put up with Richmond in a grand final again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Gee thanks a lot Port Adelaide. Now we have to put up with Richmond in a grand final again!!
    I know, the novelty has certainly worn off. Good game though. Not for the faint hearted.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast